News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire S7 391 Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, October 31, 2012, 02:59:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

12 millimeter bullet. How many notebooks can fit in twelve millimeter height? With its high-end ultrabook, Acer presents this question. SSD-Raid, Intel Core-i7 ULV CPU, IPS Full HD touch screen and unibody style - any other questions?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-S7-391-Ultrabook.83561.0.html

Jeff

Very nice system from Acer, about the nicest I've seen from this vendor.  There are certainly more "dream notebooks" in the $1500-2000 price range these days, but hopefully some of those great features end up in sub-$1000 notebooks too, so that I can afford one (especially the better displays!).   :)

Morsetlis

Acer has no customer service. The extra "slide battery" is nonexistent.

Wait for the touch version of the Zenbook or Vaio S/Z if you really want a 1080p touch notebook.

killingjoker

As usual, there's at least one no added-value comment by an Apple fanboy (sort of Taliban). If tomorrow Apple were releasing a piece of hardware with a spoon (incredibly useful...), there would always be a moron to consider it as a must-have which just makes the competition irrelevant. Otherwise a very good review.

Darren

I recently purchased this Ultrabook, less than a week ago. I'm unfortunately experiencing a serious problem with it, i.e., on battery power, it is randomly shutting off (incredibly annoying), ..waiting on Acer's Tech team to get back to me on this. Also, all Skype calls drop (still trying to figure this one out). The keyboard also takes some getting use to. If it wasn't for the random power shutdowns, I'd be happy with this computer. Hopefully Acer gets back to me, ...or I'll be at the Microsoft store from where I purchased it, to return it (not worth the money, if this is what I have to deal with).

uzevla

You are wrong when it comes on brightness on batteries. Either you had it set to less then maximum in power options or your ambient sensor was messing up with you. this laptop can produce maximum specified brightness even on batteries. Also, when comparing it with Asus, you were wrong again - this one has higher maximum brightness.

Amin

Is it possible to replace Hard disk with higher capacity for example 1TB or 750GB?

Rino

I like this UltraBook BUT can all USB2 devices function on this USB3?

Rino

As nobody will answer all our questions here so I search the net for answer to my own question:

"Yes. USB3 supports all earlier USB devices.
In other words, USB3 is fully backwards compatible".

Hoping others will be more happy to know my answer.
All the best -- Ciao!  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview