News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E135 NZV5YGE Netbook

Started by Redaktion, October 08, 2012, 08:25:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Strike 2! A ThinkPad for little money always sounds like hitting a home run. We now looked at the AMD version of Lenovo's successful mini and even found advantages over the Intel counterpart.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E135-NZV5YGE-Netbook.82848.0.html

Johnny Dogood

The review seems to conclude that this laptop is pretty decent while the opening words ("Strike 2!") contradict this conclusion. I think someone is getting lost in translations again.

a-x1

Hi
can install visual studio 2010 (or 2012) on ThinkPad Edge E135 and work very well? can do with score 3.9?
tnX.

fajar-orbit

, wouw . .. the great Ultrabook in This Years from Lenovo ,.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Faresalis

An under 400 USD unit with 5100 mAH battery, Bluetooth4 and 2 USB V.3 ports out of 3? Bye bye Vaio!

The cooling system is quite serious too. So for playable games (with Game Booster on:-) I don't worry too much about durability-draining heat. Been using it for 3 months already without problems.

The driver support is unbelieveable! No need to look for and download hacked XP drivers. They are officially available on Lenovo's site, along with many Linux drivers. The reduce brightness Fn button functions perfectly on WinXP  (no need to adjust it unsatisfying-ly from Catalyst Control Panel)

Road warriors, this is your best friend you can possible have for the moment!

rifa

Is there any of you who still use this notebook? Mine is 4.5 years old now and have problem of its hard disk. is it normal? is it still worth it to replace with new hard disk?

jakub

I just get old Edge E135 and I think to buy small SSD + 4 gb ram to have 8gb but I dont know if its' worth it?
Quote from: rifa on December 28, 2017, 15:53:27
Is there any of you who still use this notebook? Mine is 4.5 years old now and have problem of its hard disk. is it normal? is it still worth it to replace with new hard disk?

Greg

Quote from: jakub on February 11, 2018, 18:07:28
I just get old Edge E135 and I think to buy small SSD + 4 gb ram to have 8gb but I dont know if its' worth it?
I upgraded the RAM from 4 to 8 GB ; for my use, it proved to be very useful. I wonder if I should change the drive for a SSD. Did you finally do it?

Martin Spencer

I bought one in 2013 and only just considering replacing it now.  A few limitations sure - dim screen, slowish performance, but it more than makes up for with rock solid reliability, great battery, light weight, and it's always quiet.  Mine had 4G ram, I'm sure increasing to 8 would have helped performance quite a lot.  The battery was still usable (~2.5hrs) at 5 years old, but I eventually got a new one at low cost on eBay.  If you are wondering about this as a very cheap used laptop for daily business use not gaming: go for it, as long as you don't expect fast performance or super-pretty screen, this is a very solid little laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview