News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire S3-391-53314G52add Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, September 10, 2012, 13:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Number one's successor. In late 2011, Acer launched its first ultrabook called Aspire S3 on the market. Now, the new 13.3 inch Aspire S3-391 ultrabooks featuring Ivy Bridge innards follow for starting at EUR 799. We tested whether the devices are worth their money.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-S3-391-53314G52add-Ultrabook.81619.0.html

Jan Andersen

Very nostalgic to see again a noisy laptop such as this one - fan kicking up during install of a new application - almost forgot how it was, thank you to Intel ( and Acer ) and their Ivy Bridge processors for reminding us of the past.

jocker25

- i using stay VietNam,  Adapter different (DELTA ELECTRONIC INC) not (LITEON)
- i trying with Wifi (webgame) + Maximum Brightness + 65% volume + win default of acer S3 (2h45m)
- second brightness 45% + 40% volume + wifi(webgame) + off a little sevice of Acer, result (3h15m)
- Battery not good ^.^!

jocker

i play webgame CityVille on facebook is lv 9x, GPU is bad run lag lag lag, HD4000 of i5-3317U < HD2500 i3-3220, hd 2500 of i3 i play game not lag. Why? please help me. Driver is newest and i try reinstall windows

Dak Kol

purchase one.  the 20GB SSD?  Runs like it is not even there - slow startups and shutdowns just like a regular hard drive.

Battery life is not impressive but is passable.  Portability and comfort of use is great.  Windows 8 64bit is a good touch - stable computer with good response and pleasing to work with.  But the 20GB SSD is a disappointment.

CannotUseMyName

There is just one downside the screen cable is made by film.
Film is easy to wear out, and it is really likely to literaly break in two within a year on normal usage.
The screencable cannot be bought by suppliers, only online - and the price is 85 euros pluss shipping.
My recommendation - Go buy something else, this product is not good.

Ho Thien thi

Disappointed with my Acer ultrabook S3-391.it was the right hinge twice  broken when I closed.

Yuchun

what graphic card would you recommend if i used this for gaming?

Mirknight

After getting this ultrabook, I've been unable to find a Kensington slot

Swapnil Potdar

Hello there
I got Acer S3 - 391 as a gift from US in Nov'12
It's a great ultrabook but for the past month and a half i have been facing 2 issues -
Overheating and Reduced Battery Life (50-60mins only)
I checked Acer Store here in India but they said it cant be repaired
Kindly suggest if there's something that can be done (DIY) to replace the battery or anything that resolves these issues
Would be great if somebody helps with this
I use it for Office work (No gaming)

Thanks
Swapnil
[email protected]

E G

This is the crappiest machine I ever owned. The Wifi (Artheros) is buggy and looking around the internet not even Acer can provide an adequate solution. I ended up buying a USB wifi dongle. Windows 8.0 is crap. The machine is dead slow. Do not buy.

jae12321

This review is so accurate. This machines is very annoyingly noisy. I bought it cheap and am regretting it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview