News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Packard Bell EasyNote TK85-JN-105GE Notebook

Started by Redaktion, September 05, 2012, 00:02:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Two year old hardware! Even though Intel is about to release the third generation Ivy Bridge Core i3 processors, Packard Bell has released a laptop packing Arrandale parts from a couple of generations back. The laptop comes with the more modern GT 610M from Nvidia but we will see if its purchase is worthwhile in this review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Packard-Bell-EasyNote-TK85-JN-105GE-Notebook.81171.0.html

Jane Breay

I bought one of these just over two years ago and it appears that the processor ha died.  Unfortunately although this happened while still in guarantee we did not get a proper diagnosis till the critical date had passed.  I have asked PB Spain to provide me with an estimate for replacing the processor but all I can get from them is a price for transport and the first 30 minutes of work.  I have no intention of throwing a lot of good  money after bad and if the whole job can't be done for less than €200 I shall be investing in a new computer and it won't be a PB.  Does anyone know where I can get a price for a processor - I came across this site while looking for one.

Joanne Goulding

This is the worst laptop ever!  We bought 2 and both started having problems after 12 months. Both the chargers started over heating the laptops.  I would never ever recommend a packard bell product.  Learn by my mistake!

JJBBJJ

I have had this laptop for over 2 years now and to be honest i feel like you are making this laptop out to be s*** which it isn't, yes it has some problem but i use it for everything and it seems to work really well the only problem i have seen with my laptop for 2 years is that it overheats but i have learned that you can overcome this just my repositioning the laptop so you do not cover the fans and it will not overheat

Owneroftheworstlaptop

WORST laptop EVER!!
It' only 3 years old and I'm already running on the 4th harddrive, and then it just got the white screen problem!
Also the seller lied to my parents (the laptop was a gift) when they bought it in the store, he said it could run games like sims 3.
So i tried to install that game and the result... The laptop became so hot that i almost burnt myself on it and the stickers with the graphic cards logo fell of since the glue gave up to the heat.

This crappy laptop can't even run sims 2 which most laptop after 2007 are able to.
I bet the seller lied so he could get rid of this s***ty piece of elevtronic!
Since my neighbour who's an computer expert with his own store told me that this laptop has never been able to run that game!

I'm never gonna buy a laptop from that store or from Packard bell/ Acer again!

And i strongly advice ppl not to buy this one.
I only keep the laptop since my neighbour can fix it for a fair price, but when i have the money for a new laptop, then the old one will be hung in a tree used as pinata - Atleast it should be albe to be used for that.

(Sorry for the grammer and spelling mistake - but this comment was written on an iphone)

Tayyar Ağa

I've been using this laptop for 7 years, and any problem.

I upgraded ram to 8 gb ddr3 1066mhz which is it's maximum.
The worst thing is speaker, it's mono and poor quality.

antonino

Salve, una recensione molto interessante, vorrei sapere se il portatile in questione quanti mega di ram può sopportare, adesso ne ho 4 e vorrei portarla a 8.
Mi indicate quali banchi di memoria sono compatibili con il portatile.
Scusate la mia esposizione un po contorta.
Grazie

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview