News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GT76 9SG Laptop Review: The Titan of Gaming Laptops

Started by Redaktion, June 23, 2019, 20:31:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The brand-new GT76 Titan DT from MSI should be especially attractive to passionate gamers who can live with a heavy and huge chassis. Thanks to the Core i9-9900K and the GeForce RTX 2080, the 17-inch notebook offers plenty of power for modern games.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT76-9SG-Laptop-Review-The-Titan-of-Gaming-Laptops.425043.0.html

DF

Now those are properly done heatpipes.  It's a shame other vendors (I'm looking at you Alienware) talk like they do cooling well, but then design lousy heatpipe coverage.  The MSI pipes are tight together and offer full coverage of the surface area.  Other vendors tend to look like they were glued on last minute by a team of 5 year olds.  The cooling here is well done, just loud.

johnq

Components get hot, system is super loud. Adding more heat pipes by itself doesn't add much value. To me thats a failure in design, not much to praise.

Tech

Not that pleased with the MSI after reading this review. It seems like the acer predator 700 could be the better purchace

concerned reader

Performance numbers and comparison are just phony bullshit!

For cinebench and witcher tests, line chart shows one numbers (min/avg/max) and bar chart for some laptops shows either random numbers (sometimes event with avg>max wtf?!) or just max score (which is useless as laptops rarely operate on constant maximum frequency). Some laptops are even claimed to be tested with max fan set! This is not only irrelevant for general comparison but also puts its result in favour against other devices turning the whole thing into mess!

The final score for performance doesn't mean anything and is practically useless for comparison purpose!

Cinebench multi line and bar charts:
MSI GT76 Titan DT 9SG: Ø1998 (1943.92-2022.14) and 2022
Alienware Area-51m: Ø1875 (1847.15-1952.27) and 1979
Asus ROG G703GX: Ø1119 (1107.17-1211.8) and 1212
How are those numbers connected? Which one is really used for final score calculation? What a mess&!

Witcher line and bar charts for these three:
Alienware Area-51m i9-9900K RTX 2080: Ø96.3 (88-103) and 101.1
MSI GT76 Titan DT 9SG GeForce RTX 2080: Ø95.9 (90-101) and 100
Asus ROG G703GX GeForce RTX 2080: Ø98.8 (90-105) and 99.7
Line chart shows that avg fps is higher for Asus, but why the hell it is placed lower on bar chart??777

WTF&71!? Is all the database on this website complete nonsense?7

Calvin Summerlin

I just wonder why MSI didn't retain the mechanical keyboard from the GT75 models.  I have one and it feels so much better than the standard SteelSeries keyboards MSI uses.

Narendra

While turning it on for the first time,do we have to connect the power adapters

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview