News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Gigabyte P2542G Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 23, 2012, 14:29:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Yellow Entertainer. The Taiwanese manufacturer, Gigabyte, plays the role of the underdog in the notebook world. The new P2542G does not have to hide from the competition, as shown by it's specifications: Full-HD panel, Blu-ray burner and a GeForce GTX 660M. Both gaming fans and multimedia enthusiasts have something to look forward to. So is the the 15 inch test model worth your money?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Gigabyte-P2542G-Notebook.80159.0.html

Titus1972

I am really interested in this model but I have to ask how does a $1200.00+US gaming laptop not have a back lit keyboard in 2012 it seems a terrible oversight to me.

leeviathan

I bought this laptop a week ago. So far I really like it. My only gripes with it are as follows. It's display is tinged blue significantly--luckily Nvidia has options that work better than windows 7 color correction, which effectively fixes the problem. Also the border of the display is too thick, it feels like wasted space. Last there's the no-backlight keyboard, which is a constant problem.

Everything else is great, including the temperature, noise level, and battery life. I haven't noticed the chassis get hot at all while playing guild wars 2, and the graphics card fan isn't loud at all, the only noise being generated is by the wooshing of air. The battery life is great too, I basically had it on all day when just using it casually...I'd say 6 hours or so.

leeviathan

I'm the same user who posted the last comment. I just wanted to update people that the battery life is now much less than when I posted a few weeks ago, getting about 3 hours max. I have no idea what happened.

pieter

I've had a look around, and I cannot find this for sale. Certainly not in the Netherlands :(  Does anyone know where it might be had in Holland?

xuhavon

Best all-rounder for the purpose I had  ;D, the negatives are minor and cosmetic.
NEEDS MORE USB >:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
almost as fast as my $3000 desktop gaming rig for most applications/games. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview