News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2012, 04:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Santiago

2 years with it: Beatiful. And it was not a good buy.

Worst of all, the keyboard: horrible. And writing, pfff!  when you realize your text it´s plenty of repeate letters o half of the really you typed...

About performance, nor windows 8, nor windows 7, in both of them , randomly slow, too in a new clean install (not ativiruses or resident programs).

I cat find the i5 processor in perfomance.

With file transfer or app starting, yes it´s good. But surfing internet its a rage trial.

Sometimes Touchpad with smart gesture can put your patience to the limit...

It doesn´t worth, nor the buy, nor continue writing: i´m next to launch i against the wall!!

Anonymous

Below is a transcript of a letter I sent to Asus after the problems I experienced with this model: in short, the screen, battery, and hard drive of my zenbook failed just shortly over a year. Unwilling to pay the $400 to repair a 1 year old computer, I asked about replacing the hard drive myself for the $100 it should properly cost. Asus replied that they could not provide me recovery materials for windows 8. To date, I have received no apology nor follow-up from Asus. For a premium computer that I treated carefully and kept in pristine condition, this feels equivalent to being scammed. This is the worst product and customer service I have seen in technology, and would strongly recommend against this product.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

About 2 years ago I purchased an ASUS laptop, model UX31A. About 8 months in, it started having power and BIOS issues and faulty spot appeared in the screen. I sent it in for an RMA with a message, part of which included the following complaint:

"2. The computer has a tendency under high CPU loads to crash. It will often crash
into the BIOS, which cannot be exited without pressing the power button to shut off
the computer."

This issue appeared again 4 months after repair, right during my finals at college, losing a paper and several study guides, and finally crashed once into the BIOS, without repair. I soon found out the hard drive had irreparably failed.

I sent the machine in for repairs, and was told that it would cost $400 to replace the hard drive, an outrageous cost for a college student.

Today I called ADATA and was told that the specific hard drive you put in the machine, XM11-V3 is known to fail, and that several customers have complained of this issue.

Within a year, the screen, power supply and hard drive all failed on this product. Furthermore, since my purchase, hundreds of complaints listed on the internet have accumulated for this specific hard drive failure.

I am appalled that there was not a recall issued for this model, and that you continued to sell this computer to unsuspecting customers.

As a college student on a short budget, I cannot recommend this laptop, your products, or your repairs services to anyone else.

I plan to publish this story online, as I believe it represents incompetence in product design, sales, and customer service.
Yours sincerely,
*********"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview