News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Redmi 2 Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2015, 08:23:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A basic solution. The Redmi 2 aims to be a mainstream smartphone for a budget price. Its humble 720p display and Snapdragon 410 SoC aren't trying to break any records, but will instead offer sufficient and reliable performance for everyday use.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-2-Smartphone-Review.140914.0.html

sdfsfsd

Omg.. your comments on the animations.. lol

That is a third party application installed by your reseller, not part of miui.

Allen.Ngo

Right, my choice of words has made that a bit misleading. Thanks for pointing that out

Ivan Sanchez

Yes, I do agree that the info in the review regarding bloatware and heavy interface animations are due 3rd party apps installed by the reseller, but even considering that MIUI runs best with 2 GB of RAM. Speaking about RAM and Storage maybe it could be worth to mention that a version of the Redmi 2 with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage is already available and the price tag is quite close to the original one. Another issue I do find in the review is that MIUI does recieve periodic updates, with "Developer" versions every Friday and "Stable" versions every month, so most of the "bugs" found in the test device could be solved easily with a firmware update (it should pop up automatically, and it's OTA) but as MIUI already offers many other features not included in "vanilla" Android then the base version doesn't get updated at the same rate as the more "mainstream" devices, so it could be taken with a grain of salt.

Finally, the 2 GB RAM/16 GB ROM version of the Redmi 2 does support a lot more bands in both GSM and CDMA, so it could be the "best" choice for the international market.

Good job and thanks for your time.

J0J0

I recently bought a Redmi 2 and I'm very satisfied. I just wanted to point out that it does support wireless display. it can be found under settings>wireless&networks>more>wireless display
I haven't been able to test it though since I have no wireless display to test it with. It would be great if you could test it.

Thanks for a excellent detailed review!  :)

Praveen Kumar

:(
JobSheet No. 915071100440
Hi,

I Just purchased a Redmi 2 From Snapdeal.com in Apr, 2015

I Faced problem of heating in just the stand by mode after installing Whats App, MXPlayer etc., Phone generates heat at the back and auto swich off

Due to the above problem i submits the mobile at the Janak Puri Dist,:
HCL Touch (West)
Address: G-5 (II), Shop No.5/126 & 5/127, Janak Place, Distt. Centre, Janakpuri, New Delhi   
Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday, 10:00-18:00   
Service Center Phone Number: 011- 25615338

on 11/07/2015 and they return it on 24/07/2015 after replacing the bettery

But  it still have the same problem, due to that i visit the service center again on 25/07/2015 and explained the problem, They ask to re-submits the phone for 2 weeks.

I am unable to re-submits it for 2 weeks again

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview