News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad S740-15IRH Laptop Review: Best and Priciest IdeaPad Yet

Started by Redaktion, January 25, 2020, 10:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although the IdeaPad name is commonly associated with inexpensive entry-level to mid-range offerings, the IdeaPad S740 is easily the most luxurious and powerful in its family. The big catch is that it'll cost you about the same as the more well-known Dell XPS 15 or HP Spectre x360 15.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-S740-15IRH-Laptop-Review-Best-and-Priciest-IdeaPad-Yet.450378.0.html

Devin

The power consumption and battery life measurements don't make sense. If the minimum is 28W then it can't run for 9 hours on a 69Wh battery. 28W * 9h = 256Wh

Also the minimum of 28W is more than the average of 26W.

william blake

energy efficient low power gpu..44 db gaming.
not sure about other purposes but for gaming this device is unusable. absolute garbage.
btw 14nm intel is dead. zen 2 or ice/tiger lake please. 14nm is too hot.

SimonAB

Quote from: Devin on January 25, 2020, 13:34:32
The power consumption and battery life measurements don't make sense. If the minimum is 28W then it can't run for 9 hours on a 69Wh battery. 28W * 9h = 256Wh

I know their measurements don't make sens and 28W idling is crazy but your calculation is irrelevent. Power consumption is measured when plugged in, from the wall. So there is 2 things:
1. Power consumption includes power supply loss and battery charge maintaining loss.
2. When plugged in the laptop isn't too concerned about consumption for battery saving so it will naturally consumes more.

Hel

I got Lenovo S740-15IRH 2 weeks ago.

I don't know how it is possible to get 9 hours in any mode.Real usage: about 4 hours for web browsing, Visual Studio, Python (jupiter notebook), knime. I like my new laptop but I am disappointed on battery life, really.

Coming from Macbook Pro 2012, I like almost everything except battery. I don't have any problem with keyboard or something else. I wish Lenovo will switch to 16:10 or 3:2 for laptop with touch. Sometimes I use it like a tablet in portrait mode (I know, it is a bit weird but somehow good for reading for me) and 16:9 feels quite ridiculous.

Jesse

Ok, so here we have the 'S' for slim model.  Where is the 'SL' for slim and light model?

If MSI can put something out that is 300g lighter with the same specs, then why can't Lenovo?

Coran

Quote from: SimonAB on January 26, 2020, 16:56:57
Quote from: Devin on January 25, 2020, 13:34:32

I know their measurements don't make sens and 28W idling is crazy but your calculation is irrelevent. Power consumption is measured when plugged in, from the wall. So there is 2 things:
1. Power consumption includes power supply loss and battery charge maintaining loss.
2. When plugged in the laptop isn't too concerned about consumption for battery saving so it will naturally consumes more.

So the idle power consumption includes the energy cost of charging the battery? Are you sure that's how they test it? I'm unsure of the point of measuring multiple things at the same time, tells you nothing about both then. Particularly says nothing about "energy management" as you have no idea how much the battery charging is taking up.

Edward Nivison

I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if the thunderbolt 3 ports are connected to the GPU in anyway. or if they are just connected to the CPU. If that is possible, thanks!

Anonymous

Be aware of the Distribution of brightness.
The right bottom corner is about 70 nit difference to the opposite corner!!!

It is actually very noticeable making things on the left side much brighter than the right side.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview