News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Test Gigabyte U2442N Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 23, 2012, 11:00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_beam

Also ich finde das Display nicht gläzend. Ich finde es auch gut! Conrad zeigt auch den Thunderbolt, und der ist definitiv nicht da.

Anonsten ist das Ding echt cool. Ich hoffe nur, dass das alles ganz bleibt, ist halt viel Plastik.

mr_beam

Kann mir jemand mal genau erklären, was der Timer im Rapid Start Technology Manager bedeutet? Habe da irgendwie nix gefunden.

Rapid Start Technology heisst doch, dass er in einen Zustand fährt, der ein klitzekleines bisschen Strom verbraucht, dafür aber extrem schnell aufwacht, oder? Bedeutet ein Timer von 30min jetzt, dass er diesen Zustand nur für 30min hält, und danach in einen "echten" Ruhezustand geht, oder ist er die ersten 30min in einem "echten" Ruhezustand und geht danach in diesen Rapid Start Zustand?

Hmm, macht beides wenig Sinn...

Korgnex

Hello everyone,

I've bought this superb ultrabook in Germany. I am verry happy with it. Just a few questions for the tech guys:

I cannot seem to disable the intergrated Intel HD 4000. The BIOS has only a very few options. Is it possible to unlock more BIOS options? Could someone maybe create a modded BIOS based on the latest official firmware (F0A)?
Is it possible to unlock cores of the i3210M if they actually used a quad-core and disabled 2 cores? How could this be determined? And how would an unlock work?
Also is the maximum RAM definitely 16GB? The manual says 8GB but on the internet people are saying 16GB. Any idea how to find out?

I'd really love to have a working fan control software as the fans are always running and it would be nice to change this behaviour as the system doesn't seem to really need cooling that much when it's not on full load. The fans seem to always activate when the CPU cores are shortly speeded up to 2,9GHz.

Another nice idea would be a way to undervolt the CPU. With my MAC I made good experiences with undervolting, not only does it reduce heat and makes cooling thus easier, it also improves the battery cicle.

Unfortunately as I cannot program myself I have not found any programs for fan control, undervolting or to test overclocking etc. :(

I saw the test at notebookcheck.com. There are 2 things that puzzle me. In the Windows Performance Index the CPU (i3210M) is getting a 7.1 score and the RAM is getting a 7.4 score.
I have the same hardware, I checked the specs with CPU-Z etc., and my Windows 7 HP is set for performance (reduced unnecessary services, energy set to maximum power).
I've run the WPI (I know the test is not really a good one but anyway) several times and it always gives my CPU "only" a 6.2 score (-0.9) and the RAM a 7.2 score (-0.2).
Updating all the drivers to their latest versions didn't change a thing.

Why is that?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview