News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus N56VZ-S4044V Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 14, 2012, 12:30:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Kostas

Hey, this is a very informative and extensive review, thank you! I am thinking to buy the nv76vz model of assus which is the same as nv56vz (only with a few extra specs and a 17.3" screen) but I am worrying about the heating issues you pointed out. Will it help if I put a cooling laptop pad with three 1800 rpm fans?? Will it be any better? Please I need your opinion in order to decide.  :-\

Greg

Have you ever tested if it will run dual external monitors? I'm getting conflicting information from sales people saying it will only do one external monitor with the lid open or closed, and another that says I can use both HDMI and VGA for external monitors but only if the laptop screen itself isn't being used.

Thanks!

Jon R

Hey guys, I am loving my Asus N56VZ.  I modded mine with a harddrive caddy in place of the bluray drive.  I added a 120gb SSD for the OS and programs and it is VERY QUICK!  It runs a ton of programs at the same time (including large photoshop files) and I rarely have to wait...ever.  I ended up sticking the bluray drive in an external case so I can still use it.  Love this notebook!

Farhang

Is there any additional bays available in N-56VZ for installing an SSD in addition to the current 1TB HDD?

Benjamin Widle

I got this model but I can't seem to access any backlighting controls and it's not coming on? Does this cheaper model not have it?

Matthew_

Can the 8GB of RAM (2 x 4GB) be updraded to 16 GB (2 x 8GB)? I can't find the answer anywhere. thanks

Me

There's only a single slot for mass storage drives, so you have to chose either HDD or SSD, unfortunately :(

Rose01

I just want to thank you on doing such a good and thorough job on describing the noise levels, right down to the 'hum' of the power supply!

I have aspergers (an autistic disorder) and and extremely sensitive to these kinds of 'hiccups'. They don't just annoy me: they can drive me outright batty, sometimes to the point where I just break down and cry from overstimulation. Therefore, you can understand how much people like me appreciate this kind of info in a review.

I wish more reviewsites out there would bother to look beyond the hardware specs and also go into how comfortable they are to use. After all, it may be the machine that does the work, but its human beings who buy them.

Sami

How can you assign a function to the button opposite to te power button?

sotirooov

Hello very nice review. I'm thinking to buy this laptop soon, but I must be sure about this heating problems, there are allot of holes near the screen (around power buttons) I understand they are for the cooling system, i think they will make problems with the display because the heating near the display. Thank you.

aankun

Just wondering how to run windows experience index assessment using the nVidia card not the intel HD

Asus Fan

This is a great notebook with a couple of problems:

1) I can get 16GB of RAM working in mine, that's pretty cool.
2) Nice display, like, really nice 1080P.
3) Has funky USB3 ports that are not very backward compatible to USB2.
Would have been better to make 2 of them USB2, but they are all 4 - USB3, and that can be problematic for backward compatible things like cell phone drivers, USB comm, etc.

4) Touch pad is bitchy, but may be solvable with a clear cover, and setting adjustments. Too close to keyboard, it's very sensitive.

david stinson

I love this computer. It has awsome sound, a absolutely beautiful screen running 1080p, a litle bright but yet backlit keyboard, wonderful 3610QM, BUT and BEWARE, NO TPM for those who want to run Win7 ULT, no bitlocker for you!

david stinson

Sorry, have to correct myself as I have a NV56VM-AB71 which is the 15.6" model. The trackpad on this one stinks too but I didn't think with all the sh*t this thing has in it it would be without a TPM..found out after downloading Win7 Ult..whoops! Get rid of a couple USB ports or something. Sorry for the mistake.

Pau

During the stress test processor stpeed falls to 1.2??? Isn't it a typo?? Don't you mean 2,3 which is the processor base speed?? How can it fall to 1.2??

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview