News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Preview Dell XPS 15 (Late 2013) Notebook

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2013, 08:44:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Currently in review: The new Dell XPS 15 notebook with an Intel Haswell quad-core CPU, Nvidia GT 750M graphics and a high-resolution QHD+ (3200x1800) display. Our first measurements as a foretaste of our in-depth review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Preview-Dell-XPS-15-Late-2013-Notebook.106489.0.html

MikeI

Looks like the next gen of Sony S series -- if Sony would not cancel the model

willy301

I see in the blogs many customers are seeking in-depth review of the Haswell XPS 15 in hope the severe heating/throttling problems of previous model, and so-so screen & Wifi are cured.    But the model for review at 2060 Euro with very hi-res glare-type screen & i7, is limited to a minority of purchasers on account of its extremely high cost.  Any chance you can also include FULL results for the more affordable base model, or at least give full review of the 1080p screen, (preferably non-glare) as its the i5 & 1080p that are more comparable to other 'Good' 15" 'thin & lights'.    I say FULL results, because in your recent review of the Inspiron 14 7000 base model that comes with as you state a rubbish 768 screen, you interleaved in your results, a review of the hi-res screen, you gave full description and make of the rubbish one, but not the good one.

If you can report on the more affordable base model, can you indicate how the mSATA 32GB & HDD work together and how it affects the benchmarks, i.e is the 32GB a certain type of cache, or is the OS & related files kept on it ?

As many user comments on your review of previous model commented on the severe WiFi issues missed by your review, can you publish a table of Wireless-AC speed versus range.

johndoeuf

+1 for willy's comment.

By looking at the specs, which are great, I'm still disappointed that no-one is able to beat or match the screen/weight/noise/temp of the Mac book pro (screen because it already looks inferior in all aspects except resolution).
Also it would have been great to have the same config, without the dedicated graphic card but the Iris Pro 5200 to reduce the weight and cost.
I'm still curious to read the whole review, I might replace my massive XPS 15 L502X...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview