News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus Eee PC 1011CX Netbook

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2012, 06:28:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Unspectacular. Towards the end of February, Asus presented the new Eee PC 1011CX with an Intel Atom N2600 dual-core CPU and a 10.1 inch display, along with six other models. The chassis, however, has only changed to a limited extent over these years. In this review, we shed light on whether or not performance has improved and exactly what changes have been made, both externally and internally.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-Eee-PC-1011CX-Netbook.74216.0.html

Will

Nice review, btw this Netbook is good for those that need only the basic features, like Internet surfing, social networking and all of those Office and Windows stuff. I was worried about the "Fanless" design, but there is nothing to be worried about it, its less power, more battery life and noiseless operation. "...These temperatures can become unpleasant, especially if resting the netbook on one's lap..." (That is not a good idea to rest a netbook/notebook on the lap). Congratz for this great review guys!

Radhika

Could you please tell me whether it can play wiziq online lectures? I want to buy this for the sole purpose. Radhika

Radhika

Hræsvelgr

Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

ushalaubala

Thanks for the great review !

If combined with oldversion.com it is a potent combo.

Raphou

#1 Re: Review Asus Eee PC 1011CX Netbook
Thank you very much for the exhaustive review ! One question : it's written on asus webseite : DDR3, 1 x SO-DIMM, 1GB/2GB ( Maximum 2GB ) : The memory is fixed on the motherboard and there is no SO-DIMM on the motherboard. The On Board Memory is unable to be removed or replaced for extending.

But while using Seccy from Periform, it's indicated "1 slot of 2 is used for RAM. 1 slot is free". So I don't get it : is it possible to upgrade from 1 GB to 2 GB RAM on this model ? On the pic you took I do not see any extra slot for extending the RAM memory. Thx for your answer !

at

Lubuntu runs great on these small thingies, but why on earth does this not come with 2GB of RAM like my Acer netbook did last year ... (w/o HDMI) ? This is no rocket science, and no, I don't need a tablet pc D:

Siri

I have had the netbook for not even six months now and the operating system has failed twice. I am quite dissapointed. The lack of a fan causes the computer to overheat quite often even when using low power programs and the computer freezes constantly. Useful for little things and very portable however it is very sensitive to knocks and bumps as my brother discovered with his when he dropped a snickers bar (in the wrapper) and the computer operating system failed.

Federico

I'm quite disappointed.  ???  The 1011CX isn't a fanless netbook and have a ram with a SO-DIMM connection (look here: http://www.asus.it/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_1011CX/#specifications )

zmail

I get what I paid for (230 Eur :) and what I expected (light, small, extreme long battery life, sensitive WiFi).
Big positive surprise is UBUNTU 12,04 - the first Linux I am able to comfortable work with, because its (free :) Office suite behaves like the brutally overpriced MS one
Minor negative surprise: no Windows XP VGA driver for GMA 3600 (this is an Intel fault :(
Mixed feelings: no RAM upgrade option (soldered RAM chips)

zmail

Errata - I wrote about EeePC 1015CX :( But the HW seems to be exactly the same :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview