News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus G75V Notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2012, 18:12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The New Star of the Gaming Heavens. Asus has re-worked its 17 inch giant so as to be able to compete in 2012. The new model has a fresh look and the latest hardware. Thanks to the Ivy Bridge CPU and GeForce 600 graphics card, the G75 can leave its predecessor behind in the dust. Is the fan still as quiet as it used to be in 3D use?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G75V-Notebook.73636.0.html

Janne M.

Is the subwoofer on the G75 better than the subwoofer on the G73/G74 (which wasn't very good)?

whatajoke

What? Nvidia's rebadged crap 670M and even soldered it to the MOBO?
What a joke for such an expensive gaming laptop.

kall

Eirc

So, it seems that ASUS has no plan for products with GT650m, the new N56 with GT635m is just a joke.

KP

Having had my third HP laptop with Nvidia graphics fail last week, I am very concerned about buying another Nvidia based machine.
HP DV9000, Special Edition 15.6" (Dv6-6160/66) HP DV7-1132nr.   
Absolutely no support.

ASUS, gets a favourable recommendation from users, and I need a desktop replacement unit that is reliable. 17" or larger screen required.

Mike82

Ttk

Thanks for the review, but i have one question. how i know there must be a thunderbolt instead of displayport. am i right or not? can't see interface's logo on the photo.

Yousef The Arab

I had been looking forward to this laptop since the G73, and I decided to skip the G74 waiting for the G75. What a joke. The ONLY reason people are even considering this piece of junk anymore is the looks, and matte finish. If ASUS starts selling the shell to resellers, you can bet that it won't sell a single in-house made piece ever again.

I was still wincing in pain considering the 670M rebadged crap, kinda -but kinda not- regretting it doesn't have the slightly better (still rebadged crap) 675M .. when news of 7970M hit the forums.

Sorry Asus, your G75 is the laptop I'd oggle and want to have a one night stand with, but not the one I'd take home.

Andeddu

I'm so heartily sick of nVidia surreptitiously rebadging old cards and selling them as new!

Kris

FAIL on stress test. CPUz shows that CPU is not even on load by the time that screenshot is taken. You should have shown tha max temps, which you covered so brilliantly.

Jeremy

salman

there was sadly no subwoofer on g74. only g73 have it.

jacob

i didn't get it.. did the cpu throttle down to 1,2 ghz from 2,6 ?? and why ? read a lot about ivy having high temps :/

Jan Andersen

In general - why would one even think of integrating a fan and a dedicated graphics card to a notebook using an Ivy Bridge and a native integrated HD 4000 graphics card. If you are a hard core gamer - get at tower PC. Suugh - now we have to wait for models without dedicated graphics cars and noisy fans. The silly graphics card "only" heating up to 76degs and which in 1-2 years may trash the notebook because of melt down. I also miss a test where the dedicated graphic card and its fan has been firmly disabled/thrown out.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview