News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Pro 9 16IMH9 laptop review: 75 W GeForce RTX 4050 overperforms

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2024, 18:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's flagship model and closest MacBook Pro 16 competitor packs a ton of power for the size even at the lower-end configuration. At well over $1500, however, it's also one of Lenovo's pricier Yoga laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Pro-9-16IMH9-laptop-review-75-W-GeForce-RTX-4050-overperforms.842762.0.html

George

LOL!!!

Two questions: what are they smoking and who do they think they are fooling here?

$1700 for a laptop with a 4050 in it when for the same (or LESS) a device with a 4060 or even 4070 installed could be had?

Bottom of the line dGPU's go in <= $1000-1200 devices.

NikoB

Quotestrong processor performance
www.notebookchat.com/index.php?msg=595270

Another shame MeteorLake is based on a new technical process for Intel, which is completely inferior to the old "10nm++++++" with RaptorLake cores, which is proven by links to reviews from NB.

A screen with poor contrast is only 1000:1 (i.e. the screen is essentially defective from the factory, according to the results of the author's test, since Lenovo states in psref 1200:1), despite the fact that it is glossy and has a lot of glare due to behind the touchscreen. Again, idiotic 3.2k resolution instead of normal 4k, incompatible at the pixel level with 4k and fhd video.

The laptop is clearly noisy. Again, there is not enough RJ45 at 5Gbps for the business model (and this is clearly not a gaming model, where RJ45 is almost always available!). And again, the power supply is on the left with a protruding plug, instead of a socket at the back.

The SSD is clearly slow at 4k IOPs per thread and one queue.

Despite the 7500 memory, the memory controller is poorly tuned, has huge latency and low overall efficiency.

Again, I have a hard time understanding who the target audience of this config is...

Liam_USA

Honestly I would NEVER buy this laptop with Intel Core Ultra 9 185H with GeForce RTX 4050 - 6 GB VRAM currently the ZEN 5 APU with an iGPU is more powerful than this laptop and for a much lower price, in addition to the fact that with the Zen 5 APU you save energy and warming, vital in any portail.
I add that the price is expensive for an Intel.

Hotz

Quote from: NikoB on June 09, 2024, 21:46:48Again, I have a hard time understanding who the target audience of this config is...

If they would produce laptops for specific target audiences, we would probably have better products. But it's like for most laptops they just mix in random hardware components together, including a pinch of something that is utterly crap (almost always) - "so the product can be used by everyone"...

NikoB

Since Lenovo is still top 1 in sales, despite the emerging decline in 2022-2023 (sales decreased by more than 13%), their marketers probably still know who to sell it to. Otherwise, to whom are they selling all this en masse in order to maintain more than 20% of the laptop market share on the planet?

Surprising against this background are the successes of HP, which, from my point of view, make even crappier laptops at a blatantly inflated price - their sales in 2023 decreased by only 4%, i.e. the drop in sales is more than 3 times lower (or the growth in relation to Lenovo is 3 times higher in terms of maintaining market share). Those, consumers (apparently the most experienced part) all over the world have already begun to signal to Lenovo marketers that they frankly do not like Lenovo's trends and decisions.

Only Dell from the top three is doing worse - sales in 2023 are falling by more than 19% year-on-year.

Although the "champion" in terms of sales decline is, of course, Asus in terms of percentage - sales decline in 2023 by more than 20% year on year.

I myself am simply shocked by their(Asus) decisions - how can you make such a mess in ergonomics between neighboring lines?
For example, the Strix 17 has a moronic 17.3" 16:9 screen and AMD processors (which are obviously faster at the same price for laptop), but at the same time a full-fledged numpad (although the keyboard as a whole is shitty, especially how the backlight is made, not to mention the short key travel), and the Strix 18 already has a normal 18" 16:10 screen, but a completely broken numpad (the right arrow is in the place of insert, which instantly ruins the fast blind work with the keyboard for professionals). In this case (18"), the ports are moronicly located on the left and the power plug blocks the exhaust nozzles on the left. While the 17.3" model has key ports on the back, but no ports on the right (which is also stupid). Moreover, despite the fact that Zen4 has at least 16 pci-e 5.0 lines hanging in the air, there is not a single USB40 port ( and there could even be 4 with a margin), and the 18" has TB4, despite the fact that the Intel HX series also does not have a built-in TB4 controller by specs. How is this possible? What kind of idiots at Asus are making such strange different decisions on AMD and Intel? Therefore, it is not surprising that Asus is the "champion" in terms of sales decline in 2023 and judging by the fact that they have not learned anything, it will be even worse in 2024...

It feels like these companies are using drug addicts/idiots as marketers and decision makers for laptop designs rather than normal, rational thinking people.

NikoB

I am increasingly convinced that there is a growing failure in companies to select positions according to the normal laws of meritocracy. There is complete corruption and nepotism, which gradually turns them into zombie companies, which over time begin to demand subsidies from the authorities (like Intel and other chipmakers now), because they can no longer survive otherwise.

As I already wrote, all these companies can still conduct anti-market activities using easy credit money from central banks (although the refinancing rate is higher than 4%, but real inflation is at least 2 times higher, and this is the main thing), but once they cover up the credit candy wrappers, that's all for them end at once. This is a sick economy of vampires and zombies, not healthy market participants and people, where the weak and stupid are quickly eliminated by the laws of the market and evolution.

BigPP

Are you retarded or something imbecile gamer?!
This is macbook pro- G16- Competitor not you typical PLASTIC E-Waste gaming laptop..
Altough it hardly competes with a 16inch macbook pro its still blows the G16 out of the water with
the higher configs +mini LED for what 2000-2300usd.

Kiss my a** broke boy gamer cunt

BigPP

Quote from: NikoB on June 11, 2024, 16:08:50I am increasingly convinced that there is a growing failure in companies to select positions according to the normal laws of meritocracy. There is complete corruption and nepotism, which gradually turns them into zombie companies, which over time begin to demand subsidies from the authorities (like Intel and other chipmakers now), because they can no longer survive otherwise.

As I already wrote, all these companies can still conduct anti-market activities using easy credit money from central banks (although the refinancing rate is higher than 4%, but real inflation is at least 2 times higher, and this is the main thing), but once they cover up the credit candy wrappers, that's all for them end at once. This is a sick economy of vampires and zombies, not healthy market participants and people, where the weak and stupid are quickly eliminated by the laws of the market and evolution.
Are you retarded or something imbecile gamer?!
This is macbook pro- G16- Competitor not you typical PLASTIC E-Waste gaming laptop..
Altough it hardly competes with a 16inch macbook pro its still blows the G16 out of the water with
the higher configs +mini LED for what 2000-2300usd.

Kiss my a** broke boy gamer cunt

NikoB

Quote from: BigPP on June 13, 2024, 11:31:47This is macbook pro- G16- Competitor
Quote from: BigPP on June 13, 2024, 11:31:47Altough it hardly competes with a 16inch macbook pro
Funny Lenovo troll. But thank you, you entertained us in the absence of new reviews on NB.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview