News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung forces repair stores to destroy customer smartphones, iFixit ends cooperation

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2024, 04:40:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Those who take their Samsung Galaxy device to a repair store may get it back in pieces, since Samsung forces service providers under certain conditions to disassemble devices instead of repairing them, and to send the customer's personal data to the company. iFixit is therefore ending its cooperation with Samsung.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-forces-repair-stores-to-destroy-customer-smartphones-iFixit-ends-cooperation.840955.0.html

Mapo

Reading this from a Samsung device is quite concerning. I have not planned to switch my phone any time soon but I just dont want to support such practices ...

JGarbo

Samsung's getting very Appley. After my Note 4 died, I moved to Xiaomi, similar specs far cheaper. Seems now a prescient decision.

anonpoaster

Well, well, well.. thanks a lot sammy. Now I won't waste my money on your monitors. I was really considering it. I stopped buying samsung phones quite a while ago anyways.

Mr Majestyk

Would be highly illegal in Australia. Our Australian Competition and Consumer Commission would be all over this and take them to court.

Scamsung by name and by action. Another nail in their coffin.

TruthIsThere

Uh-huh!!!

What?!?! Why are some folks here seems to be *surprised* by this **uncovered / SUPER KNOWN FACT**, but hidden by every shilled outlet FOR YEARS, by them *fake* praising ANY Samsung's product (especially  GSMARENA, PhoneArena, Ice Universe, and WCCFTECH) huh?!?!

This super ill inferior behaviour from Samsung DOES NOT ONLY include their smartphones/mobile products, though.

ALL Samsung's labeled consumer products are inferior to this VERY SICK BEHAVIOUR by Samsung; Samsung's appliances, Samsung's home theater systems, ect., are ALL TRASH.

Samsung's products are ONLY AS GOOD AS THE WARRANTY IS VALID! PERIOD!!

Wake-up, folks!!!

24x24

Guys,

you should take into account this:

QuoteAccording to data from the Financial Supervisory Service, the U.S. investment firm secured a 5.46 percent stake in the Samsung affiliate as of Feb. 28. No other global asset managers possess more than a 5 percent stake in a Korean securities firm.

So, such investors might force Samsung to do so to reach higher earnings.

The same might be in the case of Apple.

24x24

Quote from: 24x24 on May 24, 2024, 10:58:33Guys,

you should take into account this:

QuoteAccording to data from the Financial Supervisory Service, the U.S. investment firm secured a 5.46 percent stake in the Samsung affiliate as of Feb. 28. No other global asset managers possess more than a 5 percent stake in a Korean securities firm.

So, such investors might force Samsung to do so to reach higher earnings.

The same might be in the case of Apple.

... BlackRock

Swizzy

Nice practices there Samsung, following in Apples footsteps as always. I'm glad I'm out of the Samsungs overpriced ecosystem.

Ezekiel

I have been using Samsung for 20years or more.  I presently have the s23 and note 9 and my wife has S22Ultra, three phones.  I won't patronise Samsung again, disgusting and arrogant behaviour. There are better options. Good on I fixit for ending the contract.

Richardawosika

That was what happened to my S22 ultra .under warranty, I was told it was a damaged motherboard which they did not cover. I had to buy S23 ultra because they wanted me to pay so much for repair. Samsung should be made to bear the brunt for this practice.  I suggest class action against them. I will have to go to a different brand after this. Thanks for the insight.

Robert Andrews

I have always used Samsung's but this will make me rethink my choice in the future.  Batteries are the only problem I have had but I see planed obsoletrnce as the next step.  Looking for reliability on my next phone

Hellish.Mike

This is a tactic to combat piracy and illegal modifications in order to keep stolen smartphones usable. It worries me that sites that are supposed to inform take this stupid sensationalist narrative.

Repeat only truth

Please do believe misleading statemens, the US Government does not invest in the stock market, it is a conflict of interest.  But people in the US invests in all types of companies, US companies and non-US companies, that's how the stock market works.

Steven Massy

Quote from: Hellish.Mike on May 25, 2024, 15:52:44This is a tactic to combat piracy and illegal modifications in order to keep stolen smartphones usable. It worries me that sites that are supposed to inform take this stupid sensationalist narrative.
If Samsung's intentions were so pure, the could simply require contractors to verify ownership prior to repairs.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview