News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Pad 6S Pro review - Versatile 12.4-inch tablet with outstanding specs

Started by Redaktion, May 22, 2024, 21:30:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Pad 6S Pro is Xiaomi's first high-end tablet. Powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, the device features an impressive 12.4-inch panel boasting a 3:2 aspect ratio and stylus support. However, the €700 (US$760) tablet did reveal a few weaknesses during our review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Pad-6S-Pro-review-Versatile-12-4-inch-tablet-with-outstanding-specs.839897.0.html

Swizzy

LGs

competitors with OLED displays, such as the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 2022 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+.

Nope, Apple don't use OLED but Mini-Led And this panel Is same aka IPS, but all is low than OLED, new iPad 2024 use OLED.

Seensoul

For me the most strange thing is that pad 6s Pro has worse screen then Pad 6 almost there times cheaper.
As a photographer I would like to have best colour accuracy and reproduction possibilities.
I bought this tablet because I thought that if Xiaomi Pad 6 has so good colour accuracy then Pad 6s Pro should have better.

Additionally Focus Pen is discharging even unused and when I want to use it it has empty battery even when I charged it full last night and didn't use it

Swizzy

Quote from: Seensoul on May 22, 2024, 22:59:39For me the most strange thing is that pad 6s Pro has worse screen then Pad 6 almost there times cheaper.
As a photographer I would like to have best colour accuracy and reproduction possibilities.
I bought this tablet because I thought that if Xiaomi Pad 6 has so good colour accuracy then Pad 6s Pro should have better.

Additionally Focus Pen is discharging even unused and when I want to use it it has empty battery even when I charged it full last night and didn't use it
If colour accuracy is important why'd you buy something without looking at reviews?

Seensoul

Quote from: Swizzy on May 23, 2024, 09:11:20If colour accuracy is important why'd you buy something without looking at reviews?

As I wrote above I bought it after viewing review of Xiaomi Pad 6, I didn't think that is possible that three times more expensive tablet from this same manufacturer could have worse screen.
Notebookcheck is AFAIK the only one site in the world that provides best reviews with checking of colour accuracy with spectrophotometer.
My six years old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 needed to be replaced, so I decided to buy this tablet, I hate apples and the only one possibility was Samsung or Xiaomi, but more custom ROMs are now for Xiaomi.
Should I wait for review? Maybe yes, but who guarantees that someone will check tablet well with spectrophotometer? I needed the tablet now
In the other hand I found that the closest White point to 6,500 k is when we switch the settings of color temperature to warm and now putting the tablet next to calibrated professional photographic monitor results in white colour displaying very similar.
And with warm White shade setting turned on displaying colors are very similar to professional photographic screen like Eizo cs2420.

LL

Quote from: Seensoul on May 23, 2024, 13:14:06
Quote from: Swizzy on May 23, 2024, 09:11:20If colour accuracy is important why'd you buy something without looking at reviews?

As I wrote above I bought it after viewing review of Xiaomi Pad 6, I didn't think that is possible that three times more expensive tablet from this same manufacturer could have worse screen.
Notebookcheck is AFAIK the only one site in the world that provides best reviews with checking of colour accuracy with spectrophotometer.
My six years old Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 needed to be replaced, so I decided to buy this tablet, I hate apples and the only one possibility was Samsung or Xiaomi, but more custom ROMs are now for Xiaomi.
Should I wait for review? Maybe yes, but who guarantees that someone will check tablet well with spectrophotometer? I needed the tablet now
In the other hand I found that the closest White point to 6,500 k is when we switch the settings of color temperature to warm and now putting the tablet next to calibrated professional photographic monitor results in white colour displaying very similar.
And with warm White shade setting turned on displaying colors are very similar to professional photographic screen like Eizo cs2420.

So it can be good for your work after all?

Seensoul

Quote from: LL on May 24, 2024, 00:01:51So it can be good for your work after all?

The screen looks nice after custom white balance setting, turning on custom CCT and pushing the colour circle to red. I'm curious what DeltaE this screen would have on my CCT settings.
But definitely I'll sell this tablet and buy Xiaomi Pad 6.

Look at XDA forum about bad thermals and Focus Pen faults.
I can't post here any links but you can easily find it on XDA.

With such issues this tablet can't be trustworthy at my work. I can't return it and must to sell it, and buy maybe Xiaomi Pad 6 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S9.

bumbum

You forgot to measure SOC temperature under load. It is reaching toasty 100 °C under just single core loads. Also the SOC is severely underpeforming because of that, it is always running at just 85% of maximum frequency (GPU for example NEVER (and I really mean never) reaches 680 MHz, only 615 MHz, thats almost 10% performance lost, same with the CPU.
Xiaomi seriously screwed up cooling on this tablet, as the SOC doesn't seem to have any adequate cooling solution like heatpipe or even just thermal contact to the body whatsover, based on the insane rate the temperature rises under the slightest of loads (jumps from 30 to 70 °C when opening apps or swiping in launcher in a fraction of a second).

This makes the device very unreliable, as such thermal cycling will eventually crack the solder joints on the SOC. All of this could have been avoided, if there was just a tiny bit more of thermal mass (like the 12 inch aluminum body).

Im really regretting buying this tablet, as with combination of extremely buggy and lacking OS, along with zero software support and total ignore from Xiaomi regarding any issues, it feels like I bought cheap 50$ knockoff and not "premium 700$" tablet.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview