News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 VI officially unveiled: Big zoom but it's not all rosy

Started by Redaktion, May 15, 2024, 11:50:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has now unveiled its flagship smartphone designed to rival offerings like the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra. The new Xperia 1 VI arrives with significant zoom upgrades but also some head-scratching downgrades, particularly at its hefty €1,399 MSRP.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-VI-officially-unveiled-Big-zoom-but-it-s-not-all-rosy.837881.0.html

Samuel Vanunu

They need bigger sensor. Why they did not put bigger sensors? I do not know. Even though they are sensor manufacturer. Their phone business is close to collapse but still they continue their stupidity. I do not like conspiracy theories but sometimes i think did they receive bribe from Chinese for repeating their meaningless strategies? If so, good luck to Japanese people. Chinese will remind what they did in China in WW2.

vasra

Exactly this.

No LYT-sensors => no buy.

Sony has the biggest, most light gathering and most advanced sensors that all the best Chinese top ranking cam phones (Vivo, Oppo) use.

Why is Sony NOT using them?`

Major letdown.

Choosenwell

I regret buying s24 plus,

Sony just created my ideal phone,
Size, 1080p, 3.5mm, sd, strong cpu

The downsides are Sony software and the fact their phones don't ent being sold at my region, you may get them with wrong bands and twice the price...

Dan6

Great phone, finally 1080p, but the price is ridiculous, also considering it's lagging behind in software department..

Looks

Quote from: Samuel Vanunu on May 15, 2024, 14:25:42They need bigger sensor. Why they did not put bigger sensors?

Sony is a company that has always cared about looks / aesthetics much like Apple. They're not going to have oversized camera bumps that make smartphones look like DSLRs. Chinese OEMs care much less about physical design, how a device feels in hand, how even the weight / mass is distributed within a device, if the device wobbles while you type on it resting on a table or desk, etc - by contrast for instance, so they're more likely to use them.

Personally, even tho using larger sensors ultimately solves many issues, I tend to be on the side of using more moderately sized sensors and compensating for the deficiencies using AI algorithms (Aka pixel and iPhone approach) for the additional benefits that are gained which I just mentioned above.

Samuel Vanunu

Quote from: Looks on May 15, 2024, 19:11:09
Quote from: Samuel Vanunu on May 15, 2024, 14:25:42They need bigger sensor. Why they did not put bigger sensors?

Sony is a company that has always cared about looks / aesthetics much like Apple. They're not going to have oversized camera bumps that make smartphones look like DSLRs. Chinese OEMs care much less about physical design, how a device feels in hand, how even the weight / mass is distributed within a device, if the device wobbles while you type on it resting on a table or desk, etc - by contrast for instance, so they're more likely to use them.

Personally, even tho using larger sensors ultimately solves many issues, I tend to be on the side of using more moderately sized sensors and compensating for the deficiencies using AI algorithms (Aka pixel and iPhone approach) for the additional benefits that are gained which I just mentioned above.

I understood what you said. It makes sense. It is possible. I rarely change my phone. Since 2010, I have been using smartphones. I used only 3 phones which are HTC desire HD, Samsung S7 edge, Google Pixel 6a (I bought last year because S7 edge is broken). Because of stupid strategies HTC, LG, etc gone. I like Sony. I has been reading news in here maybe since 2015. This was my first comment. I wrote maybe someone from Sony see it. I do not want them to fail but their phone business is almost dead. Imagine there is a big fire in your house and you are about to die, you should not care your clothing style. You have to run away as soon as possible. After I read your message, I checked Sony Xperia sales. According to recent Bloomberg news, Sony's mobile sales in Japan declined 40% in 2023 and are likely to suffer a similar drop this year, according to IDC analyst Masafumi Inbe. The company hovers around 1 million sales per year in a country with a population of 125 million, where people buy 30 million smartphones every year. Even in Japan, they are dying. There are similar stupid strategies in laptop market, too. few years ago, I researched laptop panels a lot. I had one project. Than, I gave up. At that time, I realized that prices of laptop screen panels are too close to each other. Also, they are pretty cheap. At that time, best 17.3 inch 4k %100 adobe rgb gamut lcd panel was at most 60 dollars for individual buy. Six months ago, I bought Asus laptop. It has 40-50% srgb gamut lcd panel. Why you do not put better screen for only 10 dollar more? I know they make product segmentation. I can show why they do this based on mathematics and economic theory. However, they are doing wrong. Many Chinese laptop producers try to put best possible components. They decrease their profit margin a little bit. However, they earn more market share. Later old companies will not compete with them. Apple follow same stupid strategy. They sell extra ram, ssd etc with astronomical numbers but people continue to buy from them. In case of Sony phone business, people do not appreciate Sony's strategy. Anyway, I wrote long. Rest in peace, Sony Xperia.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview