News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

While Google continues to crack down on ad blockers, here's the best way to keep blocking YouTube ads on Android

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2024, 23:25:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some might argue that YouTube adverts are getting ridiculous. With 2 ads often up to 20 seconds each at the start of a video and another one slapped in your face if you try to scrub through a section, it's no surprise that ad blockers are so popular. In response, Google is clamping down on their use by effectively ruining the experience, but there are still effective ways to bypass them.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/While-Google-continues-to-crack-down-on-ad-blockers-here-s-the-best-way-to-keep-blocking-YouTube-ads-on-Android.836457.0.html

Mr Majestyk

And what about Android TV's, what options are there. I've stopped watching YT on Android entirely, so fcuk you Google. You make billions just from advertising revenue and still it's never enough.

Skyecraft92

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on May 13, 2024, 02:25:01And what about Android TV's, what options are there. I've stopped watching YT on Android entirely, so fcuk you Google. You make billions just from advertising revenue and still it's never enough.

Smarttube for android TV

Joe

Neenyah

Firefox + Ublock Origin. Works like a charm and you can have background video/audio playback on all sites, not just on YouTube.

Mikey

I would like to see a creator actually argue this is stealing. The word steal means to take something without right or permission, with the intention of keeping or using it wrongfully. Blocking ads does none of this as you're not keeping anything. If the person blocking ads was somehow able to get the monetary value of what the creator was going to get then that's stealing.

Joey Schaff

You are possibly distributing Malware.

The .net site you linked to is not the official site, and is potentially being used to trick people into installing a virus.

Their Github is at:
github/ReVanced

And their only official site is at:
revanced dot app

The Adblocker Extension "uBlock Origin", blocks me from even loading the .net site, labeling it as "Badware".

Nino nino danonino

Congrats bro, you won the darwin award's internet malware spreading category. Now please see yourself out of IT journalism.

Tony

Woooo.  Half a page of instructions. My steps to block YouTube ads.

Step 1:

Download the brave browser.

Step 2:

Watch Youtube

Mpb

Revanced and revanced extended aren't actually usable right now. Some sort of buffering bug. No fix in sight. It's beloved Google is flagging revanced user accounts. You didn't actually use it did you?

rvcjew

Quote from: Mpb on May 13, 2024, 15:50:17Revanced and revanced extended aren't actually usable right now. Some sort of buffering bug. No fix in sight. It's beloved Google is flagging revanced user accounts. You didn't actually use it did you?

This app works fine the buffering is from people not following the right spoofing instructions or using the wrong gsm core. Also this article links a fake website so they didn't do their homework very well. The real site was already mentioned but the github is the best place to get any of it anyways.

FrankTheTank

Oh Jesus, the author of this article is actively linking to MALWARE.

Are you serious?!?!? Please never write one of these articles again. That is a known fake site, the fact that you didnt do your research and are now endangering your users is absolutely shameful.

FrankTheTank

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2024, 15:42:44Woooo.  Half a page of instructions. My steps to block YouTube ads.

Step 1:

Download the brave browser.

Step 2:

Watch Youtube

No no it gets better, his instruction #1 is to install a malware-infected copy of the app. Because this moron has no clue where the OG project lives on the web.

revanced.net is a known malware distribution point that masquerades as a legit copy.

No

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview