News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New iPad Pro 11 and 13-inch sales reported to face headwinds due to expensive price tag and larger iPad Air 13

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2024, 14:14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest Apple iPad Pro 11 and 13 with their cutting-edge Ultra Retina XDR tandem OLED panels and 9/10-core Apple M4 SoC pack substantial upgrades over their predecessors that had mini-LED panels and the Apple M2 SoC. However, a new report suggests that higher price tag and the 13-inch iPad Air might result in less-than-ideal sales of the new iPad Pro models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-iPad-Pro-11-and-13-inch-sales-reported-to-face-headwinds-due-to-expensive-price-tag-and-larger-iPad-Air-13.835775.0.html

Joe

I've been telling my wife for months that I was looking forward to a new 13" iPad Pro as soon as they were announced.  I haven't ordered one, and I'm not about to, though.

It's not the price holding me back... it's the discontinuing of the Smart Folio keyboard that made me not buy one. 

The Magic Keyboard doesn't let the tablet be used in tablet mode, and if I wanted an Apple laptop I'd buy the MacBook Air.  I'll buy a new ipad as soon as a reputable third party company makes a replacement for the folio keyboard or Apple changes course and releases an updated one.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Joe on May 11, 2024, 18:54:44I've been telling my wife for months that I was looking forward to a new 13" iPad Pro as soon as they were announced.  I haven't ordered one, and I'm not about to, though.

It's not the price holding me back... it's the discontinuing of the Smart Folio keyboard that made me not buy one. 

The Magic Keyboard doesn't let the tablet be used in tablet mode, and if I wanted an Apple laptop I'd buy the MacBook Air.  I'll buy a new ipad as soon as a reputable third party company makes a replacement for the folio keyboard or Apple changes course and releases an updated one.

Mosrtly agree, but the price is ludicrous too in Australia at least. A Macbook Pro can be purchased for less than an iPad Pro 13" 2TB, with magic keyboard and pencil. Top spec iPad Pro 13" is running close to $5K. Couple that with the garbage iPad OS crippling the iPad and it's now dead to me.

NikoB

Apple technology has never been an effective and optimal price/quality tool; in most countries of the world, especially the third world, it is a status thing, as it was originally conceived at the marketing level. For the kleptocratic stratum, price does not matter.

Who needs a working tool buys an x86 laptop and installs Windows/Linux with its huge support and a database of commercial and free code.

If the product is made for entertainment, the target audience is obvious.

YUKI93

There's no point giving desktop-grade firepower if it's pegged by what is essentially a glorified iOS for tablets. At this point, it's much better to get the Microsoft Surface Pro tablet instead. If you really have to stick with Apple, then MacBook Air/Pro still makes better sense.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview