News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 5490 Workstation im Test: Jetzt mit Intel Meteor Lake-H vPro

Started by Redaktion, April 28, 2024, 12:42:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel AI wird auf einem der kleinsten Precision-Laptops von Dell angewendet. Ansonsten hat sich die reine Leistung im Vergleich zum Vorjahresmodell nicht signifikant oder auch nur moderat verbessert

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Dell-Precision-5490-Workstation-im-Test-Jetzt-mit-Intel-Meteor-Lake-H-vPro.832139.0.html

NikoB

What I see! Finally, Dell marketers realized that USB-C power supplies needed to be installed on both sides, and they finally allowed the engineers to do this. How many models can you think of with the same layout?

But I have a question - where did the engineers get 8 free pcie-e 4.0 lines (16 pci-e 3.0), because...the author assures that there are 4xTB4? Will they all work at the same time?

And is it true that each of them, according to the TB4 standard, has 2 independent DP1.4b ports? Does that mean 8 video outputs? Are there exactly so many of them on igpu+dgpu, taking into account that one more is needed for the screen panel? Just questions, but the author again did not disclose them.

The memory is not configured very well in terms of read speed - a drop of 10GB/s relative to the write and copy speed. But in general, everything is not bad, except for the overall latency (i.e. random access speed) - it is depressing. And it gets worse and worse every year.

Taking into account a very weak processor by 2024 standards and a very weak video card, almost at the level of 4060, the price of $3800 looks clearly too high, especially against the backdrop of only 64GB of RAM (however, the processor no longer supports lpddr mode) and a slow ssd even without dram buffers are not at all corporate level, which kioxia with plp (power protection) has. With 64GB of RAM and such a price and such mediocre performance, the buyer has the right to expect an enterprise-level 4TB SSD with PLP on board.

I would say that the price will be reasonable around $2000-2300 no more. Probably, it is at this price that one should expect it at sales, because for such a price the buyer has the right to expect processor performance 1.7-2 times higher, taking into account that such models (with such a price) are bought for a period of use of at least 6-7 years, and The processor no longer shines...what will happen after 3-4 years?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview