News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus VivoBook S15 BAPE laptop review: A supremely powerful OLED laptop? Or will the special edition come a cropper?

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2024, 19:43:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus VivoBook S15 OLED BAPE Edition stands out - not only because of its design but also due to what's included in the box. Dive into our "A Bathing Ape" laptop review and discover whether the multimedia machine, its OLED display and Intel Core i9-13900H manage to impress in everyday use.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBook-S15-BAPE-laptop-review-A-supremely-powerful-OLED-laptop-Or-will-the-special-edition-come-a-cropper.799056.0.html

Ednumero

The lid design will be appreciated by some.

I'm myself less interested in any new 16:9 laptops and moreso in whether this panel can be swapped into older models. It seems to be the only 15.6" 16:9 OLED available above 60Hz.

Panel model number: ATNA56AC02

Boоre

Quoteawesome but glossy 120 Hz OLED

What's your problem guys? Matte screens are HORRIBLE. They are a blurry mess that makes it harder both to do work and to watch movies.

Stahp it.

Neenyah

Quote from: Neenyah on February 05, 2024, 17:37:14
Quote from: Boоre on February 05, 2024, 16:49:49Matte screens are HORRIBLE. They are a blurry mess that makes it harder both to do work and to watch movies.

Lol.

Btw, just compare that with this from the Asus in this review. Or here with both in the same image for easier comparison; yeah glossy is sooooo much better, especially when you can't see half of your screen 🙃

Edit: Even better comparison. HORRIBLE indeed 😂

ulliului

yeah so typical, photos of different laptops in different conditions with different screen brightness made on camera with computational photo that develops and paints photos as it wants

matte loses more contrast in sunlight, blurs bright spots across all screen, can't see s***
glossy loses less contrast, but displays sharp reflections, can't see s***
both are around the same level of convenience

it's a matter of personal preference, but idiots from both camps keep arguing because their opinion is the only right one lol

Neenyah

Matte is the only right one, correct. Glossy only it you want to use makeup in front of your screen or you plan to work exclusively indoors then it looks a bit better, that's true. But not much better to get equal to how bad it looks outdoors. I sold my M1 Air because that screen was comedy - literal mirror and very slow response times (pronounced ghosting). My matte X1 Carbon is perfection in every scenario (so far).

Neenyah

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 05, 2024, 23:04:16
Quote from: Neenyah on February 05, 2024, 22:30:04indoors then it looks a bit better
Unless mirroring light through windows or lamps.
Oh yes, very true! I saw a guy on YouTube doing a test of exactly that with a normal desk lamp and it was horrendous, like it was flashing straight into mirror 😬 I'll try to find that video tomorrow when I get back to my laptop.

Casey Keebler

Quote from: Ednumero on February 04, 2024, 22:55:08The lid design will be appreciated by some. Geometry Dash Online

I'm myself less interested in any new 16:9 laptops and moreso in whether this panel can be swapped into older models. It seems to be the only 15.6" 16:9 OLED available above 60Hz.
Panel model number: ATNA56AC02
the Asus VivoBook S15 OLED BAPE Edition stands out not only for its eye-catching design but also for its promising features. With its OLED display and Intel Core i9-13900H processor, it aims to deliver an impressive multimedia experience.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview