News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte G6X 9KG (2024) review: Affordable gaming notebook with RTX 4060

Started by Redaktion, March 28, 2024, 16:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gigabyte's gaming notebook offers plenty of performance with a Core i7-13650HX and GeForce RTX 4060 combination along with decent accompanying hardware that includes 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and a 165 Hz 16:10 panel. Our tested configuration retails at around €1,350.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-G6X-9KG-2024-review-Affordable-gaming-notebook-with-RTX-4060.818851.0.html

NikoB

Quote from: LL on March 29, 2024, 08:07:22Who still buys a no sRGB screen?!
I read that out of 10 men, 2 are colorblind and 1 woman out of 10. But judging by the sales of this garbage (not just Gigabyte), everything is exactly the opposite - 8 men are colorblind and 9 women out of 10...

Because I don't understand how you can sell this garbage against the backdrop of good smartphone screens that are in the pockets of the majority of the world's population. Even cheap smartphone models have long had color reproduction above 90% sRGB. How can you look at the screen of your smartphone at exactly the same photo (for example, roses) and buy this garbage? People are strange creatures. They are interested in color rendering on a 6" screen, but not on a 14"+ screen...

Ednumero

Nice that it's 16:10, but I agree it's a shame that the sRGB suffers.

There was a brief moment in time when 120Hz+ panels were majority ~sRGB, to the point that it became a somewhat reliable indicator when purchasing. It would be cool to see that emerge again in this 16:10 renaissance, so to speak.

NikoB

Quote from: Ednumero on March 29, 2024, 21:28:30There was a brief moment in time when 120Hz+ panels were majority ~sRGB
fhd@120Hz panels have always been the worst choice, because it was in them that most often there was a terrible colorspace of 45-46% sRGB. And now even among 144Hz fhd, almost everyone is like that. Because now marketers have decided that fhd is for the poor, and 2.5k is for the "middle class," and 4k is still for the rich.

Although in fact, only 4K screens should be in all laptop models, without exception, with the minimum possible 100% sRGB.

Ednumero

Quotefhd@120Hz panels have always been the worst choice

Fair. I do seem to remember this being common in some ASUS models shortly after (or even during?) this period.

It must have been 144Hz only, unless you count the 120Hz Chi-Mei TN panels that had improved (but still TN) viewing angles and 94% NTSC, which were used predominantly by MSI.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview