News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Air 13 M3 review - A lot faster and with Wi-Fi 6E

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2024, 18:51:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Josefgrave

Love your reviews guys :)

Would love them even more if your scoring included some deeply importants things for laptops: price, upgradability, and i/o. It's a bit frustrating to see Apple devices always get the highest score with laptops where you can't even change the storage, have to pay literally 1000+ bucks upgrades for beefy machines, or have to carry adapters with you all the time to be able to use the machine.

I feel brands who lack on those things get rewarded a lot, while other brands that try to do things great on those points don't get any credit.

NikoB

9to5mac.com/2024/03/22/unpatchable-security-flaw-mac/
All M1-M3 processors have a security hole. The patch will inevitably slow down the system by 10-30%, especially with an SSD.

Alexander Lindo

Would you say that the included 35W power adapter can be a contributing factor to faster battery degradation when the M3 MacBook Air is used to its full potential? The reason for this question is because I recently purchased a brand new M1 MacBook Air in late 2023 with a battery manufacture date of 2023. I use the machine with the Apple USB-C Multiport AV adapter which features pass through charging, however the hub takes 6W of power from the anemic 30W power adapter for itself leaving 24W for the MacBook Air. I use the machine both in docked mode with external display and on battery. After owning the machine for under 6 months, macOS claims the battery health to be 89%. When the battery is full, during intensive tasks up to 5W of power can be seen taken from the battery but this quickly goes down to 0W after a few minutes. I spoke to Apple Support and they said that the readings are completely normal and in spec.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview