News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Yamada Orthopedic Clinic introduces Futto leg wearable to boost walking ability of hikers, elderly, and partially disabled

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2024, 06:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Yamada Orthopedic Clinic has introduced the Futto leg wearable to boost the walking ability of users. Made of interconnected rubber bands connected to a waist harness, this assistive device helps hikers, elderly, and the partially disabled walk faster and balance better by helping the leg muscles move properly. The passive design utilizes physics to enhance physiological performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Yamada-Orthopedic-Clinic-introduces-Futto-leg-wearable-to-boost-walking-ability-of-hikers-elderly-and-partially-disabled.809468.0.html

indy

People aren't going to like this response, but the actual way to get better at something is to keep doing that thing.
And keep doing that thing.
And keep doing that thing.
Over, and over, and over again.
It will at times be uncomfortable.

But "assist" technology may not necessarily help.  There are large parts of the human body that will atrophy using a technology like this, which may actually potentially cause harm down the road.  (In particular I am thinking the joint pressure between bones will be increased and cause wear/tear.) There are consequences to our actions.  There are fascia and micromuscles, even various parts of musculoskeletal systems that are in use just from the simple act of walking.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I work with client who get surgery on their knees and backs and other orthopedic and structural manipulations, and what I have seen consistently is that these adjustments do "remedy" certain aspects of their pain or discomfort....but they create new areas of pain and discomfort as a result.

My professional opinion is if as much as possible choose therapeutic methods that are non-invasive well before new technology: Physical Therapy.  Massage Therapy.  Yoga. Bodywork.  Diet. Meditation. It can be uncomfortable as hell, but your body can adjust and heal itself far better than modern medicine.

Valeri johnston

Hi there,  where can I purchase this? I am travelling to japan in august, but would prefer to buy online if possible.  Thankyou

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview