News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 Laptop Review: Virtual machine beast with CPU trouble

Started by Redaktion, November 08, 2023, 08:43:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lmao

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 28, 2024, 18:00:06Chess culture differs from go culture. Every go player speaks of go AI.
culture means nothing, there are specific definitions of which program is ai and which isn't.
Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 28, 2024, 18:00:06tablet I want, tell us!
easy, you don't need any, your list just shifts all the time to depict an impossible solution, cause you are a simple hater.
when you NEEDED a REAL tablet, you bought ipad mini lmao, which is glossy, small, mid overall, not 4:3 lol, has no replaceable battery, and no cinebench on it too hahah.
so yeah lmao, just stop with these lists nonsense.

RobertJasiek

lmao

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 28, 2024, 18:21:57The least evil is when one had to choose it and is made fun for having had to do so :(
ipad mini didn't tick ANY items on your list and no, it wasn't the lesser evil, it was one of the worst choices even in ipad lineup, so just admit, that list is simply made up for hating EVERYTHING. because obviously such hardware does not exist - and even if it will be made you'll just say "meh no triple sd card", "meh no 400000TB/ns ram bandwidth" etc.
you are just like nikob, running around demanding one to million contrast, thunderbolt5, esata, full keyboards and actually having some crappy budget laptop from 2018 with a bad screen lmao.
you both are just looking stupid, no one is arguing with you just because people gave up lol.

RobertJasiek

From my POV, a tablet should be for handholding, lying on a table and replacing an office computer. Manufacturers have pretended such combined use but not enabled it well yet. Therefore, the first sacrifice is "replacing an office computer".

For "lying on a table", it is often sufficient if the back is flat without camera bump, as of my tablet. However, in recent years, more and more models try to achieve what I do not need: a tablet for also the purpose of a camera smartphone, for which such tablets get a camera bump inhibiting flat lying on a table without case, which I do not want. I just want a tablet - a simple device without permanently attached hardware extras.

For "handholding", a tablet must be usable indoors and outdoors. And here, the vast majority tablets fails. Good outdoor usage requires low display reflectance and long battery life. These are essential for me as I often use tablets outdoors. In the simplified choice between iPads and Surfaces, iPads offer these essential aspects while Surfaces fail to offer them. Therefore, while quite a few of my secondary wish criteria are met by Surfaces, the primary aspect of good handholding also outdoors is met by iPads. Far from perfectly but at least usable: 5.5h at maximum brightness of a new tablet and reflectance that at least does not inhibit outdoor use.

Handholding is particularly good at relatively low weight, but I might compromise on weight.

Another primary aspect is the possibility of viewing my frequent kinds of contents well. For this purpose, the tablet needs a small display ratio. 4:3 is very good, 3:2 is acceptable. Larger ratios are unusable for me. iPads meet this my preference significantly better with typically 4:3 than Surfaces with 3:2.

Silence is another primary aspect for a tablet. Those Surfaces with a fan drop out. I do not need speed faster than Cinebench R15 Single 93 on a tablet and this could be achieved by old Surface Pros and is achieved by Surface Gos. However, if a new Surface Pro should get low reflectance (it might, as Microsoft has indicated) and long enough battery life (an open question), I still will not buy it if it is not silent.

An uninterrupted display is another primary criterion for me. I will not buy a foldable regardless of whether the display ratio is small enough with, say, 4:3 or 1:1. I never buy a notch. I want a tablet with a reasonable build quality so that it lasts for several years. Foldables, however, are designed to break soon.

As an endconsumer, I want a working tablet - not one that is dead on arrival. Therefore, buyer protection by law is another primary aspect. EU law and especially German law guarantee this including 14 days return no questions asked.

Now, my list of criteria contains some remaining ones of secondary importance:
- Windows Pro, x64
- easily user-replaceable battery at fair price
- reasonable build quality
- at least 8GB / 512 GB without upselling

I might compromise on these but they affect the price I am willing to pay. iPadOS instead of Windows means I am willing to pay much less and only a relatively low maximum price. The rather low price of my iPad Mini 4 at €340 was just acceptable. In comparison, for a tablet with Windows Pro, I might spend more than €1000 if the tablet meets my preferences particularly well. I would never spend such an amount on iPadOS.

An easily user-replaceable battery at a fair price means I might spend a few hundred euros more for the tablet because the tablet can be used several or many years longer. Manufacturers hurt themselves when I do not pay their prices for a tablet without easily user-replaceable battery, nor buy a tablet for which I know that battery replacement will cost ca. €300 (as for some Surface Pros).

Prominent manufacturs like to gimp on RAM. This applies to both Apple and Microsoft. If RAM at an acceptable tablet price is unavailable, I do not buy. E.g., 4GB Surface Go 2 or 3 have so much reduced the price I was willing to spend that I have not bought one. 4GB and Windows 10 / 11 simply is no fun. (While Windows 7 worked fine with 2 GB.) Small RAM tends to be no problem for new iPads but becomes a problem over the years when Apple cripples the iPads by OS updates slowing them down more and more. If RAM was sufficient from the beginning or OS updates were designed well, this would not be a problem. In reality, however, it is a problem. Apple is known to hide RAM specs, and this planned obsolesence explains why.

Upselling on SSD (or cheaper storage types) occurs by both manufacturers. At a time when 512GB costs "a penny", it is simply unacceptable to offer only, say, 128GB and charge astronomic excesses for more storage while preventing easily user-replacable SSDs. Such treatment of me as an endconsumer means I am willing to pay much less for a tablet with unpleasantly limited storage at an acceptable base price.

lmao

yeah yeah more hate and one more unrealistic list of "requirements" lmao
Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 07:31:46From my POV, a tablet should be
you sure you are not a bad llm from 2020? how could you lose context of conversation again lol.
wth is all this, no one asked you again about what tablet you need and how the hell did it even end with ssd upselling. chill, no one cares about your troll unrealistic requirements lmao.
and it's a second common thing you and nikob have  - you always reply to something in your head instead of replying to other people.
Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 07:31:46Apple cripples the iPads by OS updates slowing them down more and more
care to show proof, and make sure it's not just other idiots' rants, but a real proof lmao.
because my 4 ipads are happily working and are not slowed, one of them is even the old ipad 4.
guess you'll just disappear at this point like usual.

RobertJasiek

GUI responsiveness is perceived more easily subjectively than by benchmark tools. During the first years, my iPad was responsive. During the recent years, it often takes its time to respond. Like 1/2s or 1/3s instead of instantaneous. For some actions, a few seconds instead of instantaneous.

It can be different on your old iPads. Such things tend to differ from device to device and from one kind of user action to another kind.

lmao

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 12:22:31GUI responsiveness is perceived more easily subjectively than by benchmark tools. During the first years, my iPad was responsive. During the recent years, it often takes its time to respond. Like 1/2s or 1/3s instead of instantaneous. For some actions, a few seconds instead of instantaneous.
It can be different on your old iPads. Such things tend to differ from device to device and from one kind of user action to another kind.
just as expected, zero proof, can't say i'm surprised hater is making stuff up when he's running out arguments lmao.

DougNigel

Internet trolls "criticizing" everyhing are at large on every website. I find the fact they just run and buy anything apple when they get some money funny though. Who would've thought this "deeply offended by apple" Robert has an ipad. :) Hope he earns enough for MacBook at some point too and ends his clown career.

RobertJasiek

If I had the money to buy an MBP with sufficient cores and storage for ca. €5000, I would rather buy a €2000 Windows computer with comparable capabilities and give €3000 to the poor, who deserve this excess more than Apple. And since every other day some Apple fan suggests I should buy a Mac, here is a selection of reasons why I do not do it:

- Apple violates EU and German laws. (Hint: iCloud terms.)
- Apple tries to let me violate EU and German laws every day. (As before.)
- Apple opposes right to repair legislation in several countries and states.
- Apple needs several years to fix frequent bugs.
- File management and transfer (from / to non-Apple computers) are not powerful enough.
- Some bugs are so severe that they threaten all one's files.
- The walled garden still applies to bookmarks.
- Maintenance and repairability are hard.
- Upselling of storage.
- Bad cables.
- Expensive cables.
- Notch.
- Small arrow keys.
- Missing numpad.
- Bad keyboard layout.
- Missing mechanical keyboard.
- Making hardwae design mistakes and letting endconsumers pay at all and by far too much.
- Generating a culture in which some fans insult and attack credibility of non-fans.
- Truth hidden by Apple stuff to deceive people instead of admitting problems.
- Too expensive repair. It does not matter whether I could afford it. Out of principle, paying undue amounts is bad.
- Some essential software I use runs dozens of times slower on Macs than x64 computers.
- Apple's used SSDs are very slow for small file operations. I would want to choose my SSDs.
- Too many models have filckering displays.
- Displays are glare.
- Under loads I would generate, MBPs with M2 or M3 are way too loud.

lmao

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 15:35:07If I had the money to buy an MBP with sufficient cores and storage for ca. €5000, I would rather buy a €2000 Windows computer
says the guy who got an ipad the moment he could afford it lmao

yeah bla bla another list of "demands" from a troll, gtfo already

lmao

Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 15:35:07Apple tries to let me violate EU and German laws every day.
i remember this story btw lmao, there was that guy telling you to call support and you were like "nah not gonna BEG APPLE" lmao, idiot
Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 15:35:07Generating a culture in which some fans insult and attack credibility of non-fans
"attack credibility"? lmao you just attacked apple and failed to provide proof.
let me remind you, you little braindead hater haha
Quote from: RobertJasiek on February 29, 2024, 07:31:46becomes a problem over the years when Apple cripples the iPads by OS updates slowing them down more and more

the rest of the "demands" list is shitpost garbage coming from someone who bought ipad in the end lmao and can't even admit it is the best, saying "oh it was lesser evil you know"

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview