News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S24, S24+ and S24 Ultra: Leak reveals complete data sheets, colors and prices

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2024, 23:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In around a week, Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S24, the Galaxy S24+ and the Galaxy S24 Ultra. The most comprehensive leak to date now reveals the complete data sheets of all three models in advance, including the European variants and starting prices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S24-S24-and-S24-Ultra-Leak-reveals-complete-data-sheets-colors-and-prices.791539.0.html

Joseph870

Looks great except for Exynos SoC on the PLUS model. I hope the US will see the Snapdragon at least on the PLUS if not all three.

SJZ

25W/45W charging in 2024 is really ridiculous.
Last years low cost phone (~200$) OPPO A78 (Snapdragon 680, 8GB RAM, 128GB, 6,43" AMOLED, 5000mAh) could be charged 67W.
SAMSUNG humiliates himself making flagship with such a shitty charging capabilities.

gk67

I read that the + and ultra both have WIFI 7 but only the Ultra has the UWB.  Hopefully that is the case because I'd buy the + if it has WIFI 7 but wouldn't buy anything if it doesn't, and just wait for a more affordable model that comes along with WIFI 7

son goku

Quote from: SJZ on January 10, 2024, 02:03:3825W/45W charging in 2024 is really ridiculous.
Last years low cost phone (~200$) OPPO A78 (Snapdragon 680, 8GB RAM, 128GB, 6,43" AMOLED, 5000mAh) could be charged 67W.
SAMSUNG humiliates himself making flagship with such a shitty charging capabilities.

And the Chinese OEMs (Huawei, Honor, Oppo, Realme, Oneplus, Xiaomi, vivo, zte, etc) continue to humiliate themselves by STILL not releasing a single compact (5.9" - 6.2") flagship phone. How hard can it be in 2024? It really is ridiculous. Samsung has the 6.1" base galaxy s23. Google has the 6.1" pixel 7a and 6.2" pixel 8. Apple has the 6.1" iPhone 15.

Not to mention many of their models have terrible speaker quality which sound tinny / lack any real bass, lack IP68 dust-waterproof protection (unless you spend > $1000) and don't even sell globally so good luck dealing with after sale support in the event something were to go wrong.

Can't believe people still are recommending them, they're a complete joke. If it weren't for fast charging & 1 inch sensor optics, they'd be dead by now.

JanLodz

Exynos in flagship model?😂 Looks like my s23 will keep the price and I will keep this phone for next year. If they will follow same mistake in s25- I will buy other brand model. Exynos was, is and will be 💩

Derp Derpson

Where did the 10x camera go?   Why TF would I need a 3x and 5x?  That's just dumb...  I use the 10x so the time and it's a major differentiator from San iPhone.   

Eric K

Look, at the Cyber week att special I got S23 FE for $1 a month for 36 months. That's $36. I'm 50yrs old. Only bad thing is downgrade to non victus gorilla glass, only 128gb w/no SD card slots anymore.  Making everyone buy new phones when either battery or memory fill.  But a $80 thumb drive transfers videos quickly off devices.
I won't pay more than $600 for a phone . Definitely not paying $1250-$1500.

A

questionable marketing strategy to differentiate specs for what should be mostly size differences. these are ALL supposedly top model(s). why do I have to select a lower spec just because I want to actually be able to have the phone in my pocket?

t4n0n

Quote from: son goku on January 10, 2024, 06:35:44And the Chinese OEMs (Huawei, Honor, Oppo, Realme, Oneplus, Xiaomi, vivo, zte, etc) continue to humiliate themselves by STILL not releasing a single compact (5.9" - 6.2") flagship phone. How hard can it be in 2024?

Probably not hard at all, but that's beside the point because (obviously) lack of capability isn't the reason they don't produce smaller phones - more likely, the reason is market demand.

Yes, some people want a compact phone that is easy to use with one hand, but unfortunately they are a minority of the market - hence why manufacturers have shifted from the 4in displays which were common a decade ago, to the >6in screens we have today.

The fact that so much stuff gets done on phones today, whether it's web browsing, watching TV shows/movies, playing games etc. inevitably means that larger screens will be more popular.

QuoteNot to mention many of their models have terrible speaker quality which sound tinny / lack any real bass, lack IP68 dust-waterproof protection (unless you spend > $1000) and don't even sell globally so good luck dealing with after sale support in the event something were to go wrong.

I recently recommended the Honor Magic 5 Pro to a family member, who has been very happy with it. It scored Gold for audio on DXOMark, with a score of 138 overall. It's IP68 rated and cost £700 during Christmas sale (inc VAT), which likely translates into $700-800 with sales tax added. Purchased from localised UK website of Honor, 24hr shipping, 24 month warranty.

QuoteCan't believe people still are recommending them, they're a complete joke. If it weren't for fast charging & 1 inch sensor optics, they'd be dead by now.

I prefer Samsung myself, for the OneUI software (that's it). However, researching the latest Chinese offerings at Christmas made me contemplate switching more than I ever had previously - primarily because the Chinese models tend to come with specs matching, or even exceeding, the normal name brands, but at 2/3 the price.

That's an extremely hard value proposition to beat.

Once they've cracked the software side of things - which I suspect will happen in the next 1-2 years - I expect my next phone will be an Honor/Xiaomi/OPPO model.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview