News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Omegle announces shutdown after fourteen years of operation

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2023, 04:29:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Omegle, an iconic anonymous messaging service that paired complete strangers online, has been officially shuttered. Its founder states that he is unable to run the website anymore due to financial reasons.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Omegle-announces-shutdown-after-fourteen-years-of-operation.766624.0.html

Jonathan Vokhin

I've always preferred Chatspin over Omegle because it's an adult environment where I can also earn tokens and enjoy high-quality video chats.

Neenyah

QuoteLeif K-Brooks, the owner of Omegle, hasn't explicitly stated why he shut the website down, merely attributing it to "a constant barrage of attacks on communication services" and ballooning operating costs.

Ehm, but he did 🤨 It's the stress and overall expense of fighting regulators trying to shut down freedom of anonymity on the internet as that is too much for him.

Bill White

Flingster stands out for its adults-only chats. The fast connection and clear video quality make it my preferred choice

flingster.com

Bill White

Camgo's adults-only policy is a big plus. The live cams and photo sharing features are something Omegle couldn't match.

camgo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview