News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

4 of the best 11-inch Android tablets - Lenovo, Xiaomi, and Samsung take the fight to Apple's door with midrange powerhouses

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2023, 01:34:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

When it comes to tablets, Apple's iPad is the gold standard, but many Android makers have spent years playing catch up. A number of top Android manufacturers that have spent years chasing the iPad have finally stumbled across winning devices, with some that are even significantly cheaper than the US$449 iPad.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/4-of-the-best-11-inch-Android-tablets-Lenovo-Xiaomi-and-Samsung-take-the-fight-to-Apple-s-door-with-midrange-powerhouses.748111.0.html

Mr Majestyk

I can't believe you did not mention the support or lack therof, for these alternate tablets. Lenoblo offers a less than pathetic 2 years of OS updates which is criminal and frankly should be illegal. I know Samsung is 3 or 4 years, but what about the rest? Apple gives you 6 years of OS updates and I'd rather a second hand iPad than a new Android tablet after owning tow of them.

Swizzy

Talking about "midrange powerhouses" but then list a tablet that is almost twice as expensive and clearly Samsung's flagship lmao.

Bizarro_NikoB

YUKI93

I can't help but think that all these Android tablets here have more than enough firepower to run ChromeOS. Even with ARM, you can still run native desktop GNU Linux and install Linux desktop softwares like OpenOffice and GIMP, to name just two. The most powerful ChromeOS tablet we have at the moment are the Snapdragon 7c Gen 2-powered Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook Duet 3/5 and HP Chromebook x2 11, which has comparable performance to Snapdragon 720G/730/730G/732G. Still fine for everyday use, but it's about time we see more powerful ChromeOS tablets.

julian.vdm

Quote from: YUKI93 on September 14, 2023, 13:43:08I can't help but think that all these Android tablets here have more than enough firepower to run ChromeOS. Even with ARM, you can still run native desktop GNU Linux and install Linux desktop softwares like OpenOffice and GIMP, to name just two. The most powerful ChromeOS tablet we have at the moment are the Snapdragon 7c Gen 2-powered Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook Duet 3/5 and HP Chromebook x2 11, which has comparable performance to Snapdragon 720G/730/730G/732G. Still fine for everyday use, but it's about time we see more powerful ChromeOS tablets.

Sad that Samsung killed Linux on Dex, which fulfilled exactly this niche.

YUKI93

Quote from: julian.vdm on September 14, 2023, 20:11:14Sad that Samsung killed Linux on Dex, which fulfilled exactly this niche.

I own a Note8 solely because of Linux on DeX, and I really like it a lot. Samsung could've made an empty container for us to install our own ARM-compatible distros.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview