News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nikon Z8 flaws strike again as owners take to social media with reports of broken strap lugs

Started by Redaktion, July 18, 2023, 01:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Several Nikon Z8 users have reported failing or loose camera strap lugs. This is the second issue the Z8 has had since its inception — one of which was also an issue with the Z9 previously and resulted in a recall in both cases. Nikon has yet to issue a recall regarding the loose strap lugs on the Z8, but repeated build quality issues may tarnish Nikon's reputation as a hardware manufacturer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nikon-Z8-flaws-strike-again-as-owners-take-to-social-media-with-reports-of-broken-strap-lugs.734847.0.html

Swizzy

Totally embarrassing considering how much of a premium Nikon et al is charging nowadays for a camera, in this case £4000. I keep wondering who even buys these, the last time I bought a camera with a full-frame sensor it "only" cost me about £1200.
And yes, mine is still in one piece after years and years of use. I haven't seen an improvement that warrants 3x price increase.

Bart Ros

Hi,

This issue happened to me. As an update. Nikon has given me a brand new Z8. Is kudos on them.

I was also informed its a known issue. And distributors are asked to check the units for the flaw. As will Nikon service centers when units are recalled for the mount issue.

The unit I got is a newer model. But I wont ever use the lug again.

Greetings.

Bart Ros
www.bartros.nl

julian.vdm

Quote from: Bart Ros on July 22, 2023, 21:30:03Hi,

This issue happened to me. As an update. Nikon has given me a brand new Z8. Is kudos on them.

I was also informed its a known issue. And distributors are asked to check the units for the flaw. As will Nikon service centers when units are recalled for the mount issue.

The unit I got is a newer model. But I wont ever use the lug again.

Greetings.

Bart Ros
www.bartros.nl

Thank you for the update. I'm glad Nikon sorted it out, as was necessary in this situation. It's fairly obviously a manufacturing defect.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview