News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo X62 Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 10, 2017, 04:21:24

Previous topic - Next topic

McYar

Thanks to this review, I upgraded my X61s to i5 and SXGA screen.
now it's for sale on ebay - can serach for X62...

Tris

I've ALSO just listed my X62 for sale on ebay - just search for "Thinkpad X62" cheers from London!

song1118

Quote from: ThinkPadJim on February 26, 2018, 20:48:18Excellent review
I had no idea this was a thing until just now

I'd fallen under a nostalgic glow when looking for photos of my old X61, and remembering the partially disassembled heap I'd left it in when I had last tried, unsuccessfully, to replace the failing inverter board. It's a half a world away now, and I won't see it for many more months still, but I will put her back together and perhaps give her new life as an X62.

Come to think of it, I have an X61s and an X61 that a friend donated to me as a parts laptop for the X61s. I think the X62 motherboard might only be compatible with X61, so either way this gives me a way forward.

I've contacted the team who makes these motherboards but nobody's replied. Has anyone had more luck than me?
Glad to see that you like replicating ThinkPad motherboards.
I'm one of the people involved in this thing.
I'm happy to inform you that the following things are happening right now:
1. Based on the ThinkPad T60/T61 body, the T70 motherboard using itnel's 7th generation standard CPU has been produced and sold;
2. Based on the ThinkPad X200/201 body, the X210 motherboard using Intel's 8th generation low-voltage CPU has been produced and sold;
3. Based on the ThinkPad X60/X61 body, the X63 motherboard using Intel's 8th generation low-voltage CPU has been produced and sold;
4. The T700 motherboard based on the ThinkPad T60/T61 body and using Intel's 11th generation low-voltage CPU is currently on sale, and the quantity is very limited.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview