News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The PlayStation Showcase's hardware announcements were bad and Sony should feel bad

Started by Redaktion, May 26, 2023, 17:18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dagnabby

A ps5 pro is not needed. The exclusive games on ps5 run just fine. If all that extra is needed, get a PC and play what's on it.

MikeCool

The earbuds are probably more meant for the PSVR2 and this handheld system which isn't a bad idea. I know people who would rather use ear buds for the PSVR2 than headphones. I'll probably end up buying them at some point most likely. The handheld system to me isn't that big of a deal. I think it looks quite nice to be honest although I would probably never use it.Everyone complaining about it will mostly likely buy one. Everyone always has to have something to complain about. If they showed a black PS5 pro at the showcase everybody would be pissed and complaining that it's not white and vice versa.

Danlamachine

Gotta say you're kinda wrong saying no one asked.

I use remote play often and I'd gladly pay for the project Q if it gives me better handle to the screen (screen also bigger than my iPhone AND I can still use my iPhone while I play lmao)

I've also been looking for earbuds since months because I have a problem with headphones that are heavy for my neck.

Also you don't seem to know much about wireless connectivity, these need a specific dongle because the 2.4ghz connects to that specific one (like most gaming headsets) Bluetooth even the lates 5.2 or 6 whatever are extraordinarily bad for gaming. Razer has released great gaming earbuds but I've been waiting for Sony to see what the rumoured earbuds will be, and seeing the presentation they seem to have a volume control on them, is exactly what all the other low latency earbuds on the market were lacking,

I just can't wait and will be an instant buy for me. And im probably not alone.

Fart Cancer

Looking forward to both the Q and the earbuds. I use remote play every day and I'd love to ditch my awkward phone mount.

As for a PS5 pro? I couldn't care less about the state of PC ports these days. PC elites have never had any consideration for console players. Why should I give a damn about them? Not to mention how ridiculous it is to blame bad PC ports on anyone other than publishers. And for as long as I had to wait to get my hands on A PS5, I'm not exactly looking forward to a Pro version making it obsolete any time soon.

WildFire

I agree with some but not all of this

The handheld is a waste of time if it's not a standalone system & basically a Vita 2.
Anyone that says "at least I'll have a bigger remote play screen than my phone"... Well iPads/iPad pros also support remote play, & so do PCs & basically any tablet or shitty foldable phone.
It makes no sense to release a device that has the same restrictions as phones/tablets/PCs on remote play, in that they need to be connected to the same WiFi with the ps5 turned on the whole time.

Definitely would've preferred a PS5 Pro announcement, although there's not a single game that looks terrible on ps5, because the simple reality is games are always optimised really well for consoles as they are the priority devices & money makers... Meanwhile PC is a fragmented hardware system, with edgelords & cheating bastards all over it, paying £4000 for a pc. The PS5 isn't "10 years old" in hardware terms...

As someone that also owns the WF-XM4s I do think it's funny they'd create playstation versions instead of just unlocking the native support. But that £13 Asus Bluetooth USB adaptor fixes that anyway, & who really uses in ears for gaming? I'd rather they release support for UAC1 so I can use my Schiit stack & didn't have to buy the Schiit fulla 4 purely for PS5 UAC2 support.

PS5 Pro is the main thing I want to see, not because it's actually needed just because I want to be able to max out the LG Oled 27" 240hz sometimes.
But games just work on ps5 & the graphical fidelity will always be enough because that's the point of consoles, "get you 85-90%" the way there in terms of noticeable fidelity for about 1/10th of the cost, with less cheating cunts on every game, much better optimisation & support, better exclusive games, a better community, &was pissing around with 3rd party launchers & apps.

Consoles will always be the better experience, even when the hardware is weaker, live with it.

Ascariss

The WF/WH-1000XM4 are not gaming oriented headsets. If you want to game on the PS5 and have a Sony headset, the In-Zone headsets offer wireless connectivity for the PS5. And no, they do not use normal bluetooth, but a proprietary 2.4 Ghz connection as mentioned in a comment above.

QuoteI see no reason why other Sony headphones can't do that with a simple firmware update unless they lack the requisite hardware.

that is because the current headsets do lack the hardware required for low latency gaming and a firmware update won't add <30ms delay capabilities with current tech. Perhaps LE Audio, but we've yet to see real world application of the tech in a production consumer headset.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview