News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate revew: Currently the best gaming smartphone

Started by Redaktion, May 01, 2023, 09:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate is a gaming smartphone without compromises. Almost all hardware is high-end, such as the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB of storage and a 6.78-inch 165 Hz display. The list doesn't end there, because a 6000 mAh battery and an external fan are also included, among other things.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Phone-7-Ultimate-revew-Currently-the-best-gaming-smartphone.711843.0.html

Neenyah

1400€ for a "gaming" phone to play mobile games 🤣 For 1500€ you can get a far more powerful gaming laptop, install Bluestacks and play those same mobile games on a bigger screen (with gamepad!) and have a device to use for productivity and, check this now...

...to also play PC games.

Ednumero

Please stop angling the device when taking the subpixel matrix photos. There's a huge difference between those rows going horizontally vs diagonally, and we can't tell if you don't employ some sort of reasonable standard for device orientation.

Le quads

Headphone jack alone makes it better than 99.9% of phones out there~ Gaming phones are the future in that they actually preserve what a phone is meant to be, a powerful and extremely capable & versatile all in one device. If your "gamer" phone doesnt come w/ a headphone jack its not a "gaming phone". My review 10/10 Great device~
'

S.Yu

>Currently the best gaming smartphone
...In part due to a shrinking pool of competitors, IMO. Probably also why they refuse to upgrade the cameras, I don't think this will win any comparisons with other $1000+ devices. I'm also not satisfied with removing the discrete DAC.
Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 10:41:481400€ for a "gaming" phone to play mobile games 🤣 For 1500€ you can get a far more powerful gaming laptop, install Bluestacks and play those same mobile games on a bigger screen (with gamepad!) and have a device to use for productivity and, check this now...

...to also play PC games.
Have you actually tried that? I don't think the latency would work for e-sports.

Neenyah

Quote from: S.Yu on May 04, 2023, 16:27:33Have you actually tried that? I don't think the latency would work for e-sports.
Yes and the key to remove/reduce all latency is making sure that virtualization is enabled. The performance difference is not significant with and without it (assuming that it's running on a reasonably fast machine, doesn't have to be anything wild) but the latency is; VT is solving that problem completely.

A bit more info: support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058102252-How-to-enable-Virtualization-VT-on-Windows-10-for-BlueStacks-5

S.Yu

Quote from: Neenyah on May 04, 2023, 17:00:53
Quote from: S.Yu on May 04, 2023, 16:27:33Have you actually tried that? I don't think the latency would work for e-sports.
Yes and the key to remove/reduce all latency is making sure that virtualization is enabled. The performance difference is not significant with and without it (assuming that it's running on a reasonably fast machine, doesn't have to be anything wild) but the latency is; VT is solving that problem completely.

A bit more info: support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058102252-How-to-enable-Virtualization-VT-on-Windows-10-for-BlueStacks-5
Hmmm...a test for total latency would be interesting.

Oscar

How do you know if this phone has usb 3.2 gen 2 port? or how to know if anyphone on the market has what usb port? GSMarena stated that this phone has usb 3.1 port.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview