News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14 G8 laptop review - AMD Zen4 isn’t automatically better

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2023, 15:02:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo now offers its 14-inch Yoga Pro 7 14 G8 with the current AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS (Zen4), which may offer more performance compared to the old Ryzen 7 7735HS, however, this takes its toll on the device's battery life and noise emissions.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Pro-7-14-G8-laptop-review-AMD-Zen4-isn-t-automatically-better.787943.0.html

chris@amd

yes, AMD IS AUTOMATICALLY BETTER. Funny thing is AMD's 2023 offering is better than intel's 2024 newcomer in almost every metric. cpu, igpu, temperature, noise, battery, simply every thing. though this lenovo maybe isn't best implementation of this platform, its good anyway... lets wait for strix point to wipe the floor with everything intel based and bring competition to apple M3.

Poster

It is what it is...
Manufacturers have chosen intel for whatever reason (in bed with intel not to offer AMD products in their high-end or any of their offerings; or AMD just not supplying the demand). Look at Xiaomi, Huawei, Dell, MSI etc do not offer AMD Zen4 in the (pro)consumer or business lines. And  Zen4 is lacking in Lenovo Yoga and slim 5+9 lines. I can go on and on, but the fact of the matter is, intel is 'too big to fail' no matter how mediocre their offerings are.
I wanted this model in review since June with Zen4, RTX GPU and 32GB of RAM and it's still not available. I settled with last year's model with ZEN3+ 32gb RAM and rtx3050.i don't like the screen and the lack of hdmi and sdcard reader is a pain but I'll hold out with what I have. To be honest I'm not impressed with performance to price to tech offered ratio from all manufacturers this year.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Poster on January 01, 2024, 00:31:58I'm not impressed with performance to price to tech offered ratio from all manufacturers this year.

In 2023, some desktop parts have had good prices (SSDs, RAM for most of the year), acceptable prices (PSUs, cases, some cooling components), acceptable prices during part of the year (mainboards, CPUs, GPUs albeit the general price level is significantly higher than several years ago).

Your complaint is very justified for notebooks, of course. There, rip-off on price and quality of some or all components is the new norm. Do not buy, if anyhow possible!

X-ify

Quote from: chris@amd on December 31, 2023, 19:52:19Funny thing is AMD's 2023 offering is better than intel's 2024 newcomer in almost every metric.

Hahahaha. Searching for AMD laptops, especially a laptop with a 7840U is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Even if there's a single laptop available with that cpu, it's very likely not the size, config or price that someone is looking for.

I really don't care if AMD's brings better battery to laptops if their products are nowhere to be found.

Mr Majestyk

Wow that screen on the Lenoblo is utter trash, straight from 2005. Useless for say colour accurate workflow. HS APU are not designed for ultraslims, this should be using a U series APU.

Neenyah

Sharath Naik

The battery life difference (2 hrs. less on idle) is purely because of the type of ram used. LPDDR5x vs LPDDR5(Prior Version). I do not think this is related to 7840HS CPU at all. 

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview