News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift 3 SF314 in review: Laptop tackles test with flying colors

Started by Redaktion, February 12, 2022, 03:14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Acer Swift 3 is a laptop for the masses: It's affordable, solidly built, it handles its performance well, it's highly portable, it has good input devices, and a great display. Instead of a card reader, there's Thunderbolt 4 - what else could you ask for?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-3-SF314-in-review-Laptop-tackles-test-with-flying-colors.598617.0.html

Rpi4

I wonder why NBC hasn't yet reviewed the Acer Swift X, which is very popular on Youtube and sold on Amazon. While I am very hesitant to buy a laptop from Amazon due to their very punitive return policy, if NBC gave the X the thumbs-up I would reconsider. Although thinking about it, Acer also sells this laptop direct and has a sane return policy. At any rate, NBC is the most thorough reviewer around so please review the X.

anon

Quote from: Rpi4 on February 13, 2022, 15:34:14
I wonder why NBC hasn't yet reviewed the Acer Swift X
On NBC's front page, the "Upcoming Reviews" sidebar shows that they are reviewing some Swift X models.

Lorry

Interestingly the 14-inch Swift 3 is supposed to be a lower tier model. 13-inch Swift 3 offers a better display - 3:2 aspect ratio and 2.5K (QHD) resolution despite identical chassis, specs and name.

curious

Quote from: Lorry on February 15, 2022, 16:34:45
Interestingly the 14-inch Swift 3 is supposed to be a lower tier model. 13-inch Swift 3 offers a better display - 3:2 aspect ratio and 2.5K (QHD) resolution despite identical chassis, specs and name.

I believe the 13.5 inch display has PWM.

senji

I bought this laptop thinking I would get around 10 hours of battery life if not 12 but the laptop only lasts for around 5-6 hours in browsing. Very disappointing.

senji

Update: Looks like around 10 hours is possible with light browsing with this machine. I decided to turn on the battery saver feature of Win 11. With minimum brightness (still fairly visible under direct lighting because the screen so anti-reflective) the battery went from 95% to 85% in an hour + no keyboard backlight. This feels a lot better.

booro

If you disable the sound equalizer software that comes pre-enabled with the device, the max. sound volume increases by at least 20-25%. You can see the software in the Windows menu list.

Emre

Got this laptop 1 year ago, using it till now and I'm very happy with it. Great battery life, great performance + the iGPU seems to perform better thanks to Intel, as they're constantly improving their drivers. And the screen is obviously amazing. There's no better laptop with the same features etc. for this price.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview