News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Flow X13 GV302XV (2023) Review: Svelte gaming convertible that packs a punch with AMD Zen 4 Ryzen 9 7940HS and 60 W Nvidia RTX 4060

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2023, 08:34:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This year's Asus ROG Flow X13 improves on many aspects compared to its predecessors. The new Flow X13 GV302XV offers AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS and Nvidia RTX 4060 smarts in a petite 13.4-inch convertible form factor. The ROG Flow X13 doesn't have many competitors, and largely lives up to expectations in our tests. However, Asus's gaming convertible demands a premium and there are a few things to watch out for.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Flow-X13-GV302XV-2023-Review-Svelte-gaming-convertible-that-packs-a-punch-with-AMD-Zen-4-Ryzen-9-7940HS-and-60-W-Nvidia-RTX-4060.742259.0.html

LL

The RTX4060 results in Blender GPU render are poor, i wonder is it is capped, but makes no sense since it  is a very efficent card.

Gee

The idle power consumption measurement seems wrong. If the minimum idle power consumption is 16.63 watts, how could the laptop, with a 75Wh battery, last more than 10 hours when playing videos?

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Gee on October 07, 2023, 12:25:53The idle power consumption measurement seems wrong. If the minimum idle power consumption is 16.63 watts, how could the laptop, with a 75Wh battery, last more than 10 hours when playing videos?
Hi Gee.
Good observation. Power consumption is measured with the adapter plugged in. The power profile was set to Turbo mode with dGPU MUX since that's the one in which benchmarks were run. Only the Windows power plan was changed to Best Efficiency for the idle min measurement.
In battery mode, the consumption can be much lower since the notebook automatically shifts to a Balanced or Silent profile once disconnected from mains. Also, the notebook is set to MSHybrid mode since that's the typical use and there's no point in measuring battery life in dGPU-alone mode.

George

Interesting...

Few OEM's attempt to make 'gaming' systems in the 13" form factor simply because 'shoe horning' high end CPU/GPU's with enough heatsinks+fans to keep them cool and enough battery WH to keep them running is a challenge and often a losing battle.

For example Razer's last venture into this space was the 2020 13" 'Stealth' system. Much like the Razer model, a hefty premium is placed on these compact beasts for the engineering feats they are.

Personally I like the fact that Asus was able to stuff a higher WH battery in this model rather than enjoy a bit less weight. While I'm thinking that few would expect to game for long on battery any laptop in 2023 ought to get +9-10hrs of run time doing light browsing, content viewing or office like tasks.

I'm encouraged to see more models sporting QHD screens however the seemingly ever enlarging trackpads leave a lot to be desired.

Sadly Asus decided to use a propitiatory (and VERY expensive) eGPU optional solution. A mobile 4090 for $2K IMHO is not the least bit of interest to me.

I really like the 13" form factor and here's hoping others jump into the space with competing models. :)

g.

Bizarro_NikoB

I remember going into a department store while in uni a few years back and this really REALLY OLD lady with a chain smoker's voice and lots of lipstick was behind the counter and sprayed some Jovan Musk for men in my direction and said "Now that's what a real man smells like kid ...Svelte!" and to this day when I hear/see that word I have flashbacks to that fateful day.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Bizarro_NikoB on October 08, 2023, 07:05:22I remember going into a department store while in uni a few years back and this really REALLY OLD lady with a chain smoker's voice and lots of lipstick was behind the counter and sprayed some Jovan Musk for men in my direction and said "Now that's what a real man smells like kid ...Svelte!" and to this day when I hear/see that word I have flashbacks to that fateful day.
Don't remember this smelling anywhere close to Jovan Musk, though haha

Yeshy

I wanted to leave a 2 month late thank you for this review.

I bought the 4070 one and returned it primarily because it didn't have HDR (only HDR for fullscreen UWP/Store apps?) or a 4080 at that price.

I think it still has next to no competition, granted the G14 is probably a more sensible buy? (but then the Legion Slim 14" becomes a contender lol) (I wanted USB C PD only, maybe next year with PD 3.1 upto 240W)

Unfortunately it seems like unless you're a MBP 14", any miniLED/OLED with worthwhile brightness destroys your battery.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview