News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 convertible review: Powerful entry of the small i3-1215U

Started by Redaktion, December 11, 2022, 21:25:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With simple equipment but a few highlights such as Thunderbolt, a keyboard illumination, and of course a touchscreen, the IdeaPad Flex combines an office laptop with a 14-inch tablet. The fairly affordable i3 of the 12th generation impresses with its silence but is also surprisingly fast.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-5-convertible-review-Powerful-entry-of-the-small-i3-1215U.673950.0.html

LL

A laptop ideal for moving often with a such low light screen that it can only be used in non well illuminated places...absurd contradictions.

RinzImpulse

As expected, GPU performance is only on par with R5 5300U, but CPU performance is worst due to only have 2 P-cores + 4 e-cores despite having the same amount of threads lol

Bareback

Quote from: RinzImpulse on December 12, 2022, 12:12:31As expected, GPU performance is only on par with R5 5300U, but CPU performance is worst due to only have 2 P-cores + 4 e-cores despite having the same amount of threads lol
??
Feel free to stop posting this gibberish any time, mate.

Starjack

Quote from: RinzImpulse on December 12, 2022, 12:12:31As expected, GPU performance is only on par with R5 5300U, but CPU performance is worst due to only have 2 P-cores + 4 e-cores despite having the same amount of threads lol

I don't understand this either, not to mention that the R5 5300U don't exist.

"The Intel Core i3-1215U with two Performance and six Efficiency cores in our IdeaPad test unit belongs to the smallest models of the Alder Lake series. However, this also means that it is still clearly ahead of entry-level CPUs such as the Intel Celeron 7300 or Pentium 8500 of the same processor generation.

Among other things, it supports 10 threads, which is reflected in our Cinebench R15 constant load test."

Correction: i3-1215U only has 2 performance with 4 efficient cores and 8 threads.

jazziii

Your intro says "The fairly affordable i3 of the 12th generation impresses with its silence but is also surprisingly fast." And then your verdict says "Verdict - A not very fast but very well-equipped convertible"

contradictory. surprisingly fast to not very fast. I ordered one hopefully it's the intro that's right.

Starjack

Quote from: KenJaws on May 04, 2023, 17:12:15Hey, is the ram is in dual channel or single?

The 8GB RAM is soldered to the laptop so is in single-channel mode. And unfortunately, you can't upgrade the RAM for it to go into dual channel mode because it comes with no slots.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview