News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sought-after Lenovo Legion Y700 8-inch Android tablet poised for possible international launch

Started by Redaktion, December 26, 2022, 22:08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo may finally be targeting an international release for its much sought-after Legion Y700 Android gaming tablet. The 8.8-inch slate was launched in China in the first quarter of 2022, and while Lenovo has also released an Ultimate Edition of the Legion Y700 for the same market since then, a global launch for the original device has yet to be announced.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sought-after-Lenovo-Legion-Y700-8-inch-Android-tablet-poised-for-possible-international-launch.677000.0.html

Jecodive

MOFO

Yes please!
We desperately need a smaller powerful android tablet and personally considered buying one from China directly but didn't want to deal with the whole international ROM that doesn't necessarily work very well with google play and push notifications.

NikoB

This garbage weighs 375 grams! Nobody needs it. Especially at such a wild price at a ridiculous 870 snap.

Pensivenomad

PeterDragon50

I own the Chinese version, live in the U.S. and could not be happier with my purchase. Actually currently typing this on my Y700. The battery is much better than the iPad Mini 6, the speakers are just as good, and 120hz is a big plus.

Anybody saying that the 870 isn't enough is just missing the point of this tablet entirely.

Gwennifer

Quote from: PeterDragon50 on January 01, 2023, 16:41:18I own the Chinese version, live in the U.S. and could not be happier with my purchase. Actually currently typing this on my Y700. The battery is much better than the iPad Mini 6, the speakers are just as good, and 120hz is a big plus.

Anybody saying that the 870 isn't enough is just missing the point of this tablet entirely.

If the speakers are only 'just as good', you may want to root and install JamesDSP to tune the speakers yourself. My Y700's speakers are audibly superior to the iPad's in every way. The bass is present and loud, the highs are clear and sharp, and the mids are... honestly, a little lacking. JamesDSP isn't fine-grained enough on the graphic EQ to fix them without typing up a custom preset for it to use. If you go this route, be careful with the bass. The speakers have quite a lot of apparent air despite the size of the device and they're under-damped for their power rating. It takes very little boost to give good extension and volume to the bass here. It's easy to overdo it and have the bass overpower the rest of the sound.

I found the display to be superior in all regards to the iPad Mini. The Mini has terrible color accuracy and motion clarity. Of course, the normal $330 iPad is about as good, and the Air/Pro models blow the Y700 screen (and speakers for that matter!) out of the park... but different price points entirely. For how much the Y700 is being sold for, that they're comparable is enough.

I also found the stock Y700 exterior aluminum to be under-finished. They machine the curve first and *then* the flat on the aluminum frame, which leaves a harsh, sharp edge. I masked off my screen and the plastic (sorry, "organic glass") back and polished the edges with my finger and some 800/1200/2000 grit sandpaper. It was just enough to soften the edge and polish it back to its mirror finish.

Finally, the cooling is why the 870 is enough. It doesn't throttle. It performs as well as an 8 gen 1 with heavy throttling or a lightly throttled 888.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview