News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T16 G1 AMD Laptop-Test: Sparsamer & schneller als Intel

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2023, 21:09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

In this case, your assertions that Intel, and even more so AMD, allegedly cannot make 128-bit controllers with a frequency of 6400 simply do not hold water. Since Apple can provide such super speed in their laptops (although I have never seen such numbers anywhere and first learned them from you, so I still need some official proofs), then for AMD, at least with TSMC, this is not a problem, not to mention for Intel. But we have, in fact, a shameful memory speed in all x86 processors without exception. 10 times worse than Apple in average. That is why both Intel and AMD, as I have already written many times, are desperately increasing L3 cache (which Apple does not really need to do at such a speed)

With what it can be connected? Bad development teams for x86?

Thomas957

I just bought two T16 AMD Gen 1 and have a lot of trouble with the camera (freezing after a few seconds) in both devices. And one has the problem described in the article, that the left trackpad button does not trigger correctly. I cannot event use the scrollbar of a website: while moving it, at some point the "mouse down" status is lost and the scrollbar stops moving.

Otherwise, I like the laptops. But the quality control seems to be really bad and I think of returning one or even both...

Anybody else with camera issues?

NikoB

Lenovo constantly has problems in other series with mechanical webcam shutters. So it's just another problem in the piggy bank in different parties.

Quote from: Thomas957 on February 08, 2023, 23:02:02But the quality control seems to be really bad and I think of returning one or even both...
After what happened to the world in 2020 and beyond, forget about quality control from factories and integrity checks. The world has become different...you, as a buyer, have now become a permanent beta (or even alpha) tester...

NikoB

Not to mention the fact that the level of hardware and software developers (like the entire scientific world) is rapidly degrading (including moral and ethical principles), which affects more and more architectural flaws and multiplying security holes (and soon existential threats), like cockroaches on dirty kitchen. Because this requires a quiet life and a comfortable social and economic environment for several (consecutive) generations of people, and now it is being systematically destroyed all over the planet, reversing all the social achievements of mankind and an effective global division of labor and science. Step by step, turning the whole world into "managed" chaos...

Kabelkanal

Quote from: Thomas957 on February 08, 2023, 23:02:02I just bought two T16 AMD Gen 1 and have a lot of trouble with the camera (freezing after a few seconds) in both devices. And one has the problem described in the article, that the left trackpad button does not trigger correctly. I cannot event use the scrollbar of a website: while moving it, at some point the "mouse down" status is lost and the scrollbar stops moving.

Otherwise, I like the laptops. But the quality control seems to be really bad and I think of returning one or even both...

Anybody else with camera issues?

Contact customer service and ask for a repair, in case it is a hardware issue (trackpad). For the webcam I'd assume a software fix.
If you are still in the period of potentially returning it, I'd send in writing that there is a defect and that you ask to repair. In case they can't repair it, you are eligible to a return or refund or discount, depending in your jurisdiction.

Thomas957

Thanks for your feedback! Both T16 came with Windows 11 which seems not to be mature yet. I just installed Windows 10 on one of the two laptops and the camera seems to work now! Concerning the broken left trackpad button: I guess I will try to let it be repaired by Lenovo. Fortunately, I have the premium support, where the technician repairs the device on-site. I keep you updated...

Thomas957

Here is my follow up:
The broken trackpad has been repaired by Lenovo and is working ok now.
The camera didn't crash any more on both laptops since I installed Windows 10, i.e. the problems were due to Windows 11.
I like the laptops, because they don't get hot or noisy and the screen is large and has a 16 x 10 ratio. The keyboard could be better (I love the T420 keyboard...). I will keep both T16 AMD laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview