News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Real electric car charging costs creep back above the price to fuel gas vehicles

Started by Redaktion, January 26, 2023, 15:04:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy

This article is a total scam. My ev charging is so cheap it's almost free. There's absolutely no way the cost comes anywhere near that of a gas car. I've spent zero dollars in maintenance and very very little in charging costs.

Supers05

Quote from: Hank50 on January 28, 2023, 02:05:34.... I paid $500 for the charger (electric supply)... It costs my six cylinder car $13.70 to go 100 miles (gas is $3.69 a gallon( lowest it has been in 6 months) and it gets 27 mpg
My car gets about 65mpg driving normally. (70mph with passengers) Driving slightly more conservatively, I'll easily hit 100mpg. Compare apples to apples, your ice car isn't very efficient, but your EV is, which is not comparable.

41 miles wouldn't make even a single one way daily trip for me, and an EV that can, would have been nearly 100% more expensive to purchase.

Was that $500 only to purchase the charger? Professional installation is generally double that, depending on your area obviously. Installing yourself isn't cheaper unless you don't value your time. It might have not cost you currency but it did cost you in time.

At 100mpg, my car is on par with an EV without having to upgrade my electrical service and installing chargers at 2 different locations. Driving at 55-60 mph isn't that slow.

Nope

Why is notebook check having articles about this and why are you using Anderson economic as a source they've been debunked several times

Duane

Wow!  Bad enough that I've seen this article in multiple place in the last two weeks, but the fact that it's absolutely false it's worse.  At $.12/kwhr, probably about average for the US, cost is $2-$2.50 to charge for 100 miles.... Been doing it for two years.  Gas would cost $7.00 to drive the same 100 miles at the current prices. And I get 50/mpg!!! Gas would need to drop to $1.00 a gallon to be equal....I remember gas at or below a buck a gallon.... Late 80's and 90's.
Why such BS being spread all over the web and worse why the hate towards EV's?  Better technology is just that, better.  Remember going from cassettes to cd's?  Do you ICE lovers also strictly use corded power tools too?  Get on the bus man!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview