News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620 review: The do-it-all multimedia laptop

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2022, 23:55:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Inspiron 16 Plus 7610 is barely a year old, but the newer Inspiron 16 Plus 7620 brings enough changes both inside and out that performance hunters and even content creators may want to take notice.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-16-Plus-7620-review-The-do-it-all-multimedia-laptop.640819.0.html

RobertJasiek

This data point is wrong: 0 ns, AIDA64 / Memory Latency, Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7610.

LMendosa05

Should be OK for writing simple emails, checking weather and such. Modern games, like GTA:SA "Definitive Edition" or Wolfenstein Youngblood will stutter too much...
Unless you wanna play the old, lame 'originals' (not to mention very problematic)

johan

or if you wanna come out silly and stupid, this is not a gaming machine....and its capable of lots more than writing emails

NikoB

In order for it to do anything more, it must have 2 memory slots with an expansion of at least 32GB up to 64.

The memory is again disgustingly optimized in bios for timings. Too slow.

The noise is uncomfortably high even under light load, but the 12700 can't even reach its full speed in the CBR15.

A rather strange device from Dell - neither this nor that...

If it cost $900-1000, then it's okay, but 1400 ... under a bulldozer.

NikoB

In our stores they are already selling the new Huawei D16 with 16" 1920x1200 (matte/60Hz/99% sRGB) and 12500H for $1000, with a full keyboard (with numpad!), but the cooling system, according to buyers reviews, is terrible. And there is no TB4.0 and the power plug is not angled, not round, but usb-c (and the PSU is funny at 65W - 12500h in boost take 95W!) and sticks out to the side - it's easy to break on the couch, if the person is right-handed (feet on the left, reclining).

And one usb-a for some reason usb 2.0, although in the 2021 model both were 3.0+.

And for some reason hdmi is not 2.1 (as it officially supports in 12500H datasheet), but outdated 2.0 Well, in general, Huawei screwed up - they put a full-fledged keyboard, a camera on top of 1080p, but there are no good ports, the power supply is wrong(straight usb-c jack/power) and huge noise under load and wild heating 90-95C even in Photoshop!

Markja

There is a typo in the introduction.
"and 16:10 3072 x 1280 IPS", this has to be 1920 instead of 1280.

J.J.

This is a terrible computer. The first one I received from Dell required over 10 hours of technical support and melted down two motherboards nevertheless. The replacement has the exact same problem. It overheats almost immediately after being turned on. Purchase at your own risk. Dell won't let you return it after 30 days. I HATE this computer and will never buy another Dell. The quality used to be good enough -- not anymore.

Abhinav

It is again the worst laptop from Dell. I purchased this laptop in October 2022. I have been using it from last 6 months. It does not work well with Windows 11 enterprise (with proper license). The processors got overloaded for no reason. The touch pad stopped working. I get an email that it will take 2+ months for the touchpad to be replaced. Its a touch screen and try using it folded. You will burn yourself because of their design as heat is directly released to your stomach. Really REGRETTING this BUY DECISION. Got driven by specs. Last time too in 2015, I purchased dell having issue with power loss whenever I pick up the laptop. Tens of visit could not be solved by their Dell technician which was solved in one visit by a local technician (was because one internal wire insulation was broken and touching the aluminum frame). They will call you n times but having useless technicians. Lost my trust in this brand. NO MORE of DELL on my NEXT PURCHASE!!

Dell, big mistake

Hello, I bought a new laptop Inspiron 16 Plus 7620, it was a big mistake. The worst laptop I know (Inspiron 16 Plus 7620) is too slow for everything

It's worst than my old Dell Vostro 3550, 10 years old...

If I connect my external monitor through HDMI, the speed wifi is only 1-1.5Mbit/s, horrible...
If I turn off the monitor (I have HP and AOC), the speed is quite good but slower than on my old mobile phone

Or if I scroll the Excel document horizontally, it freezes for a few milliseconds, like an old PATA hard disk

now Intell had newer drivers for wifi
but speed is slower than 11 old Dell Vostro 3550 (22Mbit/s vs 70Mbit/s)

AP:
300M Wireless N Router
Model No. TL-WR841N/TL-WR841ND
Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620 - Wifi

Dell Vostro 3550 - Wifi (11 rokov stray)

Cable

Dell, big mistake

[quote]
Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620 - Wifi
[url="www.speedtest.net/result/14594362551"]Test 1[/url]

Dell Vostro 3550 - Wifi
[url="www.speedtest.net/result/14594383125"]Test 1[/url]
Kabel
[url="www.speedtest.net/result/14594390976"]Test 1[/url]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview