News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo celebrates thirty years of ThinkPad with limited anniversary model

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2022, 14:51:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Happy Birthday ThinkPad! On October 5, 1992, the first ThinkPad laptop was introduced, exactly thirty years ago. For the anniversary, Lenovo is introducing a limited special edition of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-celebrates-thirty-years-of-ThinkPad-with-limited-anniversary-model.659589.0.html

Gerg

Wake me up when they do a proper retro ThinkPad with a proper retro keyboard.

Chiclet keys, no inverted-t arrows with space beside them, windows and menus keys shrinking the space bar, and half height function keys is not going to cut it.

Worf

They did most of what you wanted on the 25th anniversary ThinkPad - it has the sought after retro keyboard.

Logoffon

Quote from: Gerg on October 06, 2022, 01:45:13Wake me up when they do a proper retro ThinkPad with a proper retro keyboard.

Chiclet keys, no inverted-t arrows with space beside them, windows and menus keys shrinking the space bar, and half height function keys is not going to cut it.
Is that all you need from a retro ThinkPad?

What about 4:3 display, trackpad-less option, ThinkLight, UltraBay, full set of ports, upgradability, and removable battery?

Jimothy

more proof that Lenovo hates ThinkPads because they aren't high margin enough

the brand has totally gone to hell since David Hill left after the release of the T480s (last good modern ThinkPad)

Investor, Engineer

I bought a used Lenovo Thinkpad T500 in 2010, it was cheaper than the others because it had been dropped and the hinge was slightly bent and the plastic cracked.It has been in daily use ever since, the only laptop and computer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview