News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Beelink SER5 Pro 5600H mini PC review: NUC 11 speeds with AMD Ryzen

Started by Redaktion, October 01, 2022, 21:36:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The SER5 Pro continues the streak of affordable HTPCs from Beelink all designed to be cheaper alternatives to the Intel NUC series. This latest model challenges high-end Intel NUCs powered by Core i7 U-series CPUs by running on a Ryzen 5 H-series Zen 3 processor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Beelink-SER5-Pro-5600H-mini-PC-review-NUC-11-speeds-with-AMD-Ryzen.658604.0.html

Bareback

What a hideous piece of junk. Everything China makes is just so hard to look at. Has their civilization not discovered visual arts yet?..
And how you'd rake up 6 Watts sitting idle, doing nothing - with a laptop chipset! - is plain beyond me.
A laptop with the same silicon (and, khe-khem, a display) consumes less.

fmyhr

For $450 and this level of performance I can forgive some aesthetic shortcomings.

One thing NONE of these [semi-] no-name Chinese manufacturers offer (at that I've found) is ANY after-sales support. Most notably, NO BIOS UPDATES. Given the rate at which serious vulnerabilities are discovered and publicized these days, that makes all of them non-starters for me.

Until the Chinese begin offering BIOS updates I'll stick with established brands. I've had very positive experiences with HP and Dell in this regard. And many established motherboard manufacturers, too.

Michael Steele

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of the Beelink minipc. I ended up purchasing an exact same model from Amazon, and have been thoroughly enjoying it since. It runs super fast, cool and quiet - I found myself using it way more than an Alienware machine (a few years old) for most of my daily needs including watching movies and some video editing. Cannot be happier.

ncsteve

Hello and thanks for review. I also recently purchased this little PC and am very happy.
One suggestion with the power supply, the PC I received in the US uses the same power connector as old Thinkpads and Toughbooks. I forget the name of that connector, but it's pretty commonly used. Any hoard of laptop power adapters should have at least one that will work.
I'm using a vintage IBM Thinkpad 52W and have had no power related issues.

cheers

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview