News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZM laptop review: Peak GeForce RTX 3060 performance

Started by Redaktion, March 26, 2022, 20:28:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Aside from the obvious CPU update to 12th gen Alder Lake-H, the FX507 carries significant changes over last year's FX506 both inside and out. Performance hunters will especially appreciate the high TGP target relative to other gaming laptops of similar size.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-TUF-Gaming-F15-FX507ZM-laptop-review-Peak-GeForce-RTX-3060-performance.609347.0.html

LL

Are you sure about 140w? The 3060 maximum TDP is said to be 115w+15w boost for a total of 130w

raul_magallanes

I got this laptop and its awesome. I'm from quito - ecuador, the specs were these

tecnomegastore - 3N003-pc-laptop-portatil-notebook[/u]

axALPHA1

I noticed a huge disadvantage of the laptop because of the 240W charger.

While charging and At 100% charge the laptop power draw is at 210W and after 30 mins of gaming the battery discharges to 99% and the power gets limited to 160W.

TUF F15 2022, where the i7 12700H pulls less power at 25 Watts while gaming.

while playing Insurgency Sandstorm, the CPU was pulling 45-50 Watts constant, and GPU Power draw was at 125 Watts, while the game ran at 200 FPS and the battery led was WHITE i.e. the battery was at 100% Charge.

The moment the battery led went ORANGE, checked the battery level it was at 99%, the CPU Power draw dropped from 50 to 25 Watts, and FPS went down to 80 from 200 FPS.

Tested this in Warzone as well, was playing when the battery was 100% charged and laptop was plugged in, still, the battery drops to 99% the CPU power drops to 25 Watt, and the laptop takes a performance hit.

THE LAPTOP IS PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING WHEN I TESTED THIS, OBVIOUSLY.

The power brick is 240 Watts, and the laptop power draw while gaming is 210 Watts.

still then why does the battery level drop to 99% ?

There is no batter bypass option as well.
Buy Lenovo Legion instead.

Darknoor

I got this while only countable units were available in KSA, from another city.
It is to date the best bang for buck you could get. The chassis is still weak compared to others like DELL and the thin light design means more heat but it is like a sleeper. It looks and feels like a light machine until you want to game. I do not game too heavily so this is perfect for me, with the DDR5 and extra M.2 slots mean it is future proof for at least 2-3 years.
Keep in mind that a room temp is hotter than OUTSIDE in most other countries, especially in my city, so I am glad this one is handling it under average load.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview