News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 6a review - Powerful mid-range smartphone with a small display handicap

Started by Redaktion, September 25, 2022, 00:40:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The small, 6.1-inch Google Pixel 6a is very fast and offers perhaps the best cameras in the smartphone mid-range. In addition, it scores with a bright AMOLED display, a good battery life, and a long period of updates. However, particularly the display of the Android 13 smartphone might cause some mixed feelings, as our test shows.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-6a-review-Powerful-mid-range-smartphone-with-a-small-display-handicap.657128.0.html

Adam222222

Why have you stopped testing signal strength to cellular network? It is very important factor.
Can you tell me how strong the signal is in dBm when you use Pixel 6A in comparison to the similar smartphones?
Will Pixel 6A give me enough signal strength in rural areas?

NotSmall

Pixel 6a isn't a "small" or "compact" phone by any standards. It's noticeably bigger and heavier than the Pixel 5, Samsung Galaxy S22 and iPhone 14. Sure, it's smaller than the recent Pixels but that doesn't make the 6a small. iPhone mini lineup is small, I wish Android had something to compete with that.

ashlol

the phone does not support miracast nor dp/hdmi alt mode on usb so no way to cast phone screen on a monitor/tv except by using a chromecast.
returned the phone as it seems to me now google is too closed to other technologies worst than apple on this point

q

This looks like a clear downgrade from Pixel 5a, which is hilarious.
- they removed 3,5 jack
- worse battery life
- plastic back

you might say that tensor chip is upgrade over 765g, which is,but not by much. This Samsung exynos ripoff is only causing overheatimg issues and worse battery life.

no 3,5 jack means that i will just buy zenfone 9 instead.BT is terrible technology for transmitting sound even with advanced codecs and i wanna avoid dongle/DAC hell

plastic back is something that can exist only on cheapo phones, not 400$+ device, or on midrange with wireless charging, which is not present on pixel 5a

RoxieRoller

You say it supports HDR10+ and HLG ? is that true ? I don't think so. I have come across posts on various internet circles which say the 6a doesn't have HDR10+, onlt HDR10 regular.

Aditya

Why any reviewers in this whole world not talking about the rainbow effect seen on the display when a white background webpage or image is opened? Are all reviewers given money by Google to hide this quality issue? Any Tome, Dick and Harry can see green and pink bands when the display is viewed from an angle. Google wants to sell all its bad quality Pixel 6a phones to everyone hence this issue is never highlighted by any reviewer. Here in India Pixel 6a is selling at all-time low prices and no prize for guessing why.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview