News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T16 Gen 1 Core i7 laptop review: Quiet at the cost of performance

Started by Redaktion, January 26, 2023, 19:02:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Core i7-1270P is faster than the Core i5-1240P or Ryzen 5 6650U configurations on paper, but it's a bit more complicated in execution. The short Turbo Boost potential of the model means steeper throttling for the Core i7-1270P when running demanding loads.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T16-Gen-1-Core-i7-laptop-review-Quiet-at-the-cost-of-performance.684421.0.html

NikoB

It is certainly quiet, but the performance drops to a catastrophic value. It's even worse than the i5 1235U in some models...

Obviously, until Lenovo does something with the cooling system, significantly increasing its efficiency (with better performance) and with the same noise, there is no point in buying such a device for such money.

It would be nice if the screen was 4k@120Hz or was 2560x1600@165Hz like in legions or at least 60Hz, like in Thinkbook or like in cheap Acer Aspire 5 with 2560x1440 with 100% sRGB, but here is a completely shameful screen that does not match the asking price.

Maybe the RAM is fast? No, it's embarrassingly slow.

Maybe 64GB is installed from the factory to justify 1800 euros? No. Shameful even for 2021 16GB...

So what is Lenovo paying for here?

Can you remove -1000 euros from the price? Now that's where it gets interesting...

Xman

Poor performance because Lenovo decided to share the same mainboard design for 14" and 16" model (that is why cooling fan exhaust is so far from vent). Lenovo also make cost cutting on memory RAM speed, SSD and panels (in some EU countries you cannot buy other FHD panel than the 350 nits). Also they force you to buy with crappy MX550 because they signed contract with NVIDIA to sell this crap. It you want to buy top notch P16S then you get old T550, slow and power hungry DDR4 and no WWAN modem. Extreme prices for poor configurations. It is better to spend it on Apple M1 & M2 laptops.

NikoB

The HP G9 865 would be an ideal laptop (if you slightly improve the cooling system, bringing it to greater silence with a core load of no more than 50% in the background) with a 6850U (it is 60% (!) Faster than this garbage from Lenovo at a lower TDP !! !) if not for 3 problems:
1. Terrible fhd screen, instead of 4k@120Hz (as on T16)
2. An even worse keyboard, where HP, out of the wildest greed, did not even begin to make a separate cheap power button, building it into the keyboard.
3. Terrible decision to change the power supply to a debility usb-c, as the main plug (as in all lenova business series), instead of a reliable round and angled connector. Which sticks out to the side and easily breaks out on the couch by right-handed people, who are the majority on the planet. In Lenovo and HP, laptops are made by some idiots who do not understand that fragile usb-c should only be in the back, not on the side. Or should there be 2 connectors one in the back and 2 on the side - left and right.

The old design of the HP G8 855 was much better, with the angled power plug on the right, but there was only one heat pipe, which is dumb. And performance was not his thing.

All laptop manufacturers, as they agreed, are doing some kind of s*** instead of reference solutions. It feels like they are doing this on purpose, so as to never make a reference laptop in terms of screen, ports, keyboard and power. Marketers are getting dumber every year, like the majority of the world's population ...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview