News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen 17 (2023) review: Gaming laptop uses RTX 4080

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2023, 00:47:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Core i9-13900HX and GeForce RTX 4080 provide sufficient performance for video processing, rendering, and QHD gaming. The keyboard of the laptop also offers individual key illumination, six macro keys, and a lot of space for the arrow keys.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-17-2023-review-Gaming-laptop-uses-RTX-4080.704418.0.html

WanderingFurt

Does the display panel support G-Sync ?
What thermal interface material is used ?

NikoB

Again idiotic decision from HP.

An idiotic non-standard keyboard that immediately negates any possibility of buying this crap as an all-around laptop for business, multimedia and entertainment.
You can immediately forget about office work and development without classical numpad and another layer. Thus, foolish HP marketers themselves reduce the target audience for this stupid model at times.
A question for the HP management, if there are still adequate people left - are you sure that such marketers who deliberately reduce sales and thereby harm HP shareholders - should continue to pay salaries? I would just fire them. And the end of the matter. Until you find the right ones.

I like 17.3+, but why outdated and miserable 2.5k, HP?!
You have already sold 15.6 with 4k@120Hz in 2021 in the Omen series! How is it possible, in 2023, to sell such shameful rubbish, and even with a monstrous response of 15ms instead of 6ms and a shameful contrast of 1100:1, instead of at least 1500:1+?

But even such a screen, I would have endured if it were not for the monstrous noise level even at low load due to the monstrous consumption even at rest. Extremely slow processor and at the same time wild noise and heating. This is probably partially solvable through XTU and TS, but the author has not researched the topic in any way.

It's also not clear if the keyboard has each-button control by RGB backlit. If not, it also sucks for 2023.

RAM is the only thing that is more or less balanced for x86 laptops, but again, this is already a shame against the background of Apple's memory controllers in the M2 Max, which are 5 times faster than Intel's.

What do we have as a result? This crap is overpriced is about 1.5 times.
For 1600-1700$ it will do quite well on sales closer to autumn. Now there will be few people who want to buy for such a overprice and mass mistakes...

S.Yu

Quote from: NikoB on April 02, 2023, 14:39:11Again idiotic decision from HP.

An idiotic non-standard keyboard that immediately negates any possibility of buying this crap as an all-around laptop for business, multimedia and entertainment.
You can immediately forget about office work and development without classical numpad and another layer. Thus, foolish HP marketers themselves reduce the target audience for this stupid model at times.
A question for the HP management, if there are still adequate people left - are you sure that such marketers who deliberately reduce sales and thereby harm HP shareholders - should continue to pay salaries? I would just fire them. And the end of the matter. Until you find the right ones.

I like 17.3+, but why outdated and miserable 2.5k, HP?!
You have already sold 15.6 with 4k@120Hz in 2021 in the Omen series! How is it possible, in 2023, to sell such shameful rubbish, and even with a monstrous response of 15ms instead of 6ms and a shameful contrast of 1100:1, instead of at least 1500:1+?

But even such a screen, I would have endured if it were not for the monstrous noise level even at low load due to the monstrous consumption even at rest. Extremely slow processor and at the same time wild noise and heating. This is probably partially solvable through XTU and TS, but the author has not researched the topic in any way.

It's also not clear if the keyboard has each-button control by RGB backlit. If not, it also sucks for 2023.

RAM is the only thing that is more or less balanced for x86 laptops, but again, this is already a shame against the background of Apple's memory controllers in the M2 Max, which are 5 times faster than Intel's.

What do we have as a result? This crap is overpriced is about 1.5 times.
For 1600-1700$ it will do quite well on sales closer to autumn. Now there will be few people who want to buy for such a overprice and mass mistakes...
Unfortunately, the whole market is like this. I've been paying attention to high end gaming notebook reviews and not a single model checks all the boxes, not a single one. Maybe Razer comes closest but they squander the opportunity by cheaping out on the speakers and keyboard on a device that thick and heavy, and for some reason the CPU doesn't fully perform either.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview