News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra review - Smartphone with powerful features and S Pen included

Started by Redaktion, September 06, 2020, 05:14:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Note20 Ultra raises the bar, especially with the display, but it also repeats old mistakes found in the Galaxy S20 Ultra. With a larger battery, a new design, an improved camera, and the S Pen, the most powerful Note model wants to win buyers' hearts over. Our review reveals whether there are any obstacles to this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Note20-Ultra-review-Smartphone-with-powerful-features-and-S-Pen-included.492190.0.html

Henrik

By far the best review i have seen on the new note but, what about the large camera hump. Nothing. Usability is not mentioned. As far as i understand, the hump prevent you from using the phone on a flat surface. For me this is a definite no go. I also have a belt pouch where the hump would be in the way. Seriously the hump is massive. But still not mentioned at all.

SA_NYC

Notebookcheck is without question the best tech review site. However, its reviews do focus primarily on specs and objective measures, rather than subjective design and usability characteristics. So it's not surprising the camera hump isn't mentioned. I personally like to use Notebookcheck in conjunction with other review sources when considering my own tech purchases, for this very reason.

joseph

While the rating would be undoubtedly good, I feel it should only be allocated to the snapdragon 865 variant. The performance drop here is too large, and should be much more harshly penalised.

Rafael

LutherSloan

Quote from: Henrik on September 06, 2020, 08:56:58
By far the best review i have seen on the new note but, what about the large camera hump. Nothing. Usability is not mentioned. As far as i understand, the hump prevent you from using the phone on a flat surface. For me this is a definite no go. I also have a belt pouch where the hump would be in the way. Seriously the hump is massive. But still not mentioned at all.

For people who complain about the camera hump... Yeah it's big but the cameras are great. And with a case on it, is fine. A case will make it flush. I don't know many people who spend this much on a device and don't put a case or some protection on it.

Mine lays perfectly flat. I'm using spigen tough armor case.

nioricardo

Quote from: LutherSloan on September 06, 2020, 16:37:11
Quote from: Henrik on September 06, 2020, 08:56:58

For people who complain about the camera hump... Yeah it's big but the cameras are great. And with a case on it, is fine. A case will make it flush. I don't know many people who spend this much on a device and don't put a case or some protection on it.

When I see the shirt of beat, on note 20 ultra, it lost all details... Why do you say the camera are good when see it lost many details?

nioricardo

Quote from: Rafael on September 06, 2020, 15:29:34
The camera is a significant upgrade from the note 10 plus. This is the main reason to upgrade.

The main camera is soo bad, see the picture of the bear, the shirt

_MT_

Quote from: LutherSloan on September 06, 2020, 16:37:11

I know that a lot of people want to protect resale value. Or they're so clumsy their phone wouldn't survive a year. But when I buy a good looking, expensive phone, I want to see it. Not a hump of plastic. It helps that the last (and only) time I dropped a phone was about 12 years ago and it generally lives alone in a pocket (if it shares, then it's paper, leather or fabric). I know there are some really nice leather cases. But why bother making a glass back, ideally in a nice colour. Really thin body, thin bezels. When you then slap on a case? It's like buying an expensive, butter smooth, leather sofa and then sitting on a plastic cover because the leather is delicate. So yes, protruding camera housings annoy me. More so as all I need is a single, half decent camera for taking pictures of things like time tables or bar codes. Sure, I have a bumper case. For situations where damage is more likely.

The Blitz

Hello, if possible can you go into detail for black clipping, that is lower(darker) pixel levels showing black instead of very dark gray. S10+ is bad in this regard but for example last 2 iphone generations seem very good. I watch videos in lowest brightness setting and black clipping is very important for me. I hope you include it in your tests from now on. Have a nice day :)

Roger That

I own the Snapdragon 512GB unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and it is a feature-filled juggernaut of form, function and fun. Whatever your needs, be it mobile photography or work productivity, this device checks all of the boxes. I do alot of mobile photography and the camera/video capabilities are exceptional. The zoom lens captures distant wildlife scenes that would not have been possible with most other camera phones. It handles all tasks efficiently with its powerful processor and bevy of features. Just overall an amazing device.

G1andonly

I would like to say thank you and wow, this is the best interview no sorry scratch that this is the best written review I've ever seen I've had the Note 20 ultra now since the day it came out it's now 2023 June 29th and I'm using my Galaxy Note 20 ultra over my S22 ultra, I'm going to save the S22 ultra for next year I'm starting to use phones longer than I used to. I've been using the Note 20 now since I bought it, I did sell it then I got it back last year 2022 in January from T-Mobile. I got it for 500 bucks by trading in a Galaxy S7 edge, this phone is still great there's nothing wrong with it, it's on Android 13 getting security updates, 5.1 USBC 3.2, The cameras are fantastic if you know how to use them. Expert raw where you can manually adjust all your settings, you can take perfect pictures battery, life is perfect, it lasts long enough you can charge it throughout the day if you need to depends on what you're doing. Charging speeds are perfect with it's  super fast charge that are perfect for the battery, it doesn't affect it I've been using it with super fast charging for the last year and the battery life has lost a tiny bit but it still lasts he as long as I need it to. The SD card is enough for you to get this phone You can put videos on there and anything else and they'll play back perfect speeds. Depends on what you're doing. Yes it has dex,  Wi-Fi 6, it's perfect but thank you for your review your review was awesome.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview