News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nothing quietly changes Nothing Phone (1) specifications after release

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2022, 10:22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At launch, Nothing advertised the Nothing Phone (1) as being capable of reaching 1,200 nits when viewing HDR content. Considering the smartphone's price, this would have been an impressive feature, if it were true. Instead, Nothing has subsequently changed its advertising, following the publication of numerous reviews quoting this incorrect peak brightness value.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nothing-quietly-changes-Nothing-Phone-1-specifications-after-release.639863.0.html

someonefromthenet

vertigo

I already doubted this phone was going to be very promising with the ridiculous length and amount of hype leading up to its release, and then when it was announced, after all the claims of being game-changing, only to be basically like every other phone out there, only see-through with LED lights, I knew it was a gimmick. This is just the icing on the cake and proof that Nothing, as a company, should be avoided entirely. This is the same thing ADATA did with their XPG SSDs, and why I will never buy another of their products again and ended up not buying an XPG.

Ayooye3k

Actually i've never seen this phone as any game changing phone as far as i'm concerned, it's just a normal midranger or even below with UK media hype (you know UK media when it comes to their own made products), the only selling points of the product is the transparent back glass and the back LED; which i somehow feel indifferent about, otherwise its a totally a dissapointing device.

IT Barista

You could write false message (something pay for it).. I Nothing Phone User...I am so happy after Samsung S22 Ultra - so much faster, no extra icecream on software)...Hi end phone on medium price... Latest cpu, gpu or camera doesnt say that for are hi end:)

iphone 13 pro max, s22 ultra and others with latest cpu you can play up 2min without extrenal cooling:) Medium procesor less heat, more performance...

Unknown

Why is it that no matter what there is always someone with something to say about everything. No one knows the real reason for the brightness issue and tbf the company don't owe anyone an explanation of why.  As no one doesn't know doesn't know why people shouldn't comment making up there wild accusations and spreading hate and crap all the time. The company took a chance and decided to make a smart phone. The crap about uk media hype in products that they make that was written in some post. What utter bullshit. I live in the UK and can say there was no media hype about the phone. So that was just some chap being written to get some kind of validation. The phone has an exclusive partnership with one phone network. So any promotion would be done by the network through there pr department. Like so many companies before and current they always want to get the word out about there products and get people talking about it. So to single out the UK and this company is a bit crass. Especially when you have no clue as to what your talking about. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but at least know what your talking is true before dropping a comment. Let's be real these people did the most they can to make a phone. If you don't like it then don't but it. Better yet. If you don't like it get up of your own arse and make your own phone. Simple as.

Josh

700nits is the same as every other OLED display. Plenty bright enough. No current phone can hit 1200 other than one or two Samsung models.
The author of this piece is a clown. Leeds University says it all lmao

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview