News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti rumoured to perform on par with the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti thanks to its full-fat AD104 GPU

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2022, 11:03:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Arnas

Using whole new nm process and needs almost same amount of watts as 3090ti for same performance? So where are the improvements?

Taylor

So this new generation of video cards is gonna perform on par with the 3090 Ti with on par power consumption. Boy do I miss the generations like the 680 / 980 & 1080 where power effeciency improved by anywhere from 40-65%. I won't personally go above a 250w so I hope the RTX 50 series / RX 8000 series are a return to truly impressive GPU generations which we haven't seen in 6ish years.

Lautaroh

Quote from: Arnas on August 01, 2022, 12:32:30Using whole new nm process and needs almost same amount of watts as 3090ti for same performance? So where are the improvements?

Spot on. Exactly my thoughts.

Steve M

Fio

Quote from: Taylor on August 01, 2022, 14:56:07So this new generation of video cards is gonna perform on par with the 3090 Ti with on par power consumption. Boy do I miss the generations like the 680 / 980 & 1080 where power effeciency improved by anywhere from 40-65%. I won't personally go above a 250w so I hope the RTX 50 series / RX 8000 series are a return to truly impressive GPU generations which we haven't seen in 6ish years.
I think video card companies are going the easiest most logical way of improving their products.
I bet it is easier to slap a huge cooler on a card rather than do meticulous optimization and power saving.
Look at Intel. Their newest CPUs are pretty hot. AMD is folllowing too.
I doubt you will see what you wish for.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview